Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair he hit the nail on the head in his post match interview. Players Too passive. No intensity. But should have made the necessary changes during the match to increase the intensity. So in truth his own performance was too passive.
I'm sure that his role is the manager not the watcher.
It's up to him to sort it out rather than just comment on it.

People were extremely vocal with their displeasure of how much we had to pay Martinez as a settlement; Koeman's would dwarf that!

Exactly. As long as we are not in the relegation zone he is safe. We paid a fortune for him and his team and he will be given time to build his own team before he gets hung.

people saying he looks disinterested, yes he does, and frankly its because he came here for all the wrong reasons - and thats on moshiri im afraid. hes the equivalent of witsel or any of the other mercenaries we were linked with in the summer.

This is a concern for me too. In his interview with (I think) Lineker the first reason he gave for joining was not being able to sort out the last year of his contract with Southampton

This is a concern for me too. In his interview with (I think) Lineker the first reason he gave for joining was not being able to sort out the last year of his contract with Southampton
moshiri has got form for trying to pay people to join just look at the antics over the summer - it might even work in some lines of business, but if you end up with hawking yourselves out to the likes of witsel koeman and carvalho then your asking for trouble.

...I don't think it matters who he picks, Joey, the end result is still the same. My concern is that he's not getting the best out of a group of footballers even if they are not the players he wants.

For me, he's decided this lot are not good enough and he's giving up on them. I'd prefer him to be getting the best out of who he has and changing to who he wants over time.

Great post Eggs. Agree completely.

You think he didn't deserve a chance to step up? He took small club from third division and build a good mid-table team in the Premier League. That's quite an achievement if you ask me.
I think its far to early in his managerial career to say if he's the real deal or not. To me I'd say he was in the right place at the right time with Bournemouth. Everything was set up for him to make it work, zero expectations from the board (who gave him unprecedented backing both financial and otherwise for that club), zero expectations from the fans and media. Loyalty from the players, something our lot would never understand. At Bournemouth if you cross Howe your gone, not the other way around. Maybe he could do it at a bigger club but I certainly don't want us to be the one's taking such a massive gamble.

I have the ridiculous feeling that Koeman wants to avenge the board for their failures in the summer by showing them how poor these players are.
On a serious note, Koeman should do much better with what we have. Three defensive midfielders against the mighty Watford? Different approach to every team we play against is a must, this is something we didn't have under Martinez and the thing that turned me against him eventually. Sadly, I haven't seen much of a change in this aspect under Koeman.

It's understandable when a manager sticks with a formula because it's bringing results, but sticking with a system that is failing and doesn't really suit the players we have is baffling. Seems Ronald is short of ideas or feels the squad is so bad a change would do little good.

Agree on this after the game, Joel instagram, tells its own story

PHONES.png

Imagine Alex Ferguson walking in after a defeat and seeing that. Those phones should have been launched at everyone's head by the manager

Well we can't prove whether that's entirely true, however the impressive salary he demanded will be uses to brow beat him if we play so poorly.
Quite right too. He's paid all that money to get us challenging for Europe, not fighting off Bournemouth, Stoke and Watford for 10th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back