Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's understandable when a manager sticks with a formula because it's bringing results, but sticking with a system that is failing and doesn't really suit the players we have is baffling. Seems Ronald is short of ideas or feels the squad is so bad a change would do little good.

Can't agree with that. We are almost half way through the season which means that so far he has earned close to 3 million pounds just to conclude that our players are not good enough. Not a good job at all!

The big thing for me is those who say give him a couple of transfer windows to prove his worth.
My feelings are that he had better be able to demonstrate good deals before the end of January or he might not get a shot at the summer window.

I think too many are pinning their hopes on January, I don't think it will change, it's not going to work for him here I fear, judging by the start he has made and his lack of rapport with the fans, this slump will be hard to get out off under this manager I believe because the morale has gone and behind the scenes something is amiss.

He needs to do better. If our next 3 games go badly I see one outcome.

I'm just thoroughly embarassed by the whole situation. A new billionaire owner, a proven successful manager, apparently millions to spend, but the most shambolic performances, and gutless performances I can remember. Thoroughly embarassed and just pretty sad all in all.

Reactions: JLW
Does Koeman `go to Finch Farm?
If he does, it would be interesting to know how he passes the time there.
It takes him 1 week and 5 training sessions to come up with that same team/tactics and performances. He has to be held accountable for a lot of this, its not all about poor players.

So last week was another false dawn.I do think Koeman deserves a fair chance to prove himself but 1 win since the middle of September just doesn't cut the mustard.There is one thing im clinging to though.January is around the corner now.I'd rather we back Koeman with funds to build a new squad as opposed to firing him.Then paying him a lump sum in compensation and then a new manager starts up again.If we go for the latter option then it confirms that we are a basket case of a club.The sane option is to allow Koeman to get rid of the wasters and get his own players in imo.

I think too many are pinning their hopes on January, I don't think it will change, it's not going to work for him here I fear, judging by the start he has made and his lack of rapport with the fans, this slump will be hard to get out off under this manager I believe because the morale has gone and behind the scenes something is amiss.
Unfortunately January windows aren't usually that great for picking up high quality players. Even if you do luck out then it can be hard for the newcomer to integrate well with the squad without a decent preseason to settle.

I can see us ending up with Moyes again if this downward spiral continues, reckon he'd dive at the chance, not saying it's what I want but it seems plausible, with him and Bill being pals, the previous history and us being his last "successful" club etc... I mean who else could we attract at present if the crap hits the fan with Koeman?

Exactly. As long as we are not in the relegation zone he is safe. We paid a fortune for him and his team and he will be given time to build his own team before he gets hung.

At the moment we are sitting eight points above the trap door.

With three very daunting fixtures in a row looming.

And I think we have City at home early in January.

So I actually think that gap will have narrowed considerably by the middle of January.

I reckon if that scenario does come to pass and we are, say four points above the danger zone, Koeman will be given a further month to steady things and if have got worse he will be chopped.

It is all right saying we spent a fortune fetching him here and it would cost another fortune binning him, but that would be chump change compared to what we would lose if we were relegated and stayed down for a couple of seasons.

You would think Moshiri will not stand by and watch us drift down the table until it is too late.

We are fortunate enough in that there is still plenty of time for Koeman to get his act tigether or if he doesn't, for the board to act.

These are very worrying times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back