Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman isn't just inheriting a poor squad, he's inheriting an inferior complex mentality.

I mentioned this on the players thread. 7 of the starting eleven were basically starters in 2013. 10 of the 18 were In the squad. The rest is made up of players who aren't good enough - Players surplus to requirements elsewhere, aging players, players who weren't exactly outstanding from lesser teams.

In 2013 we hired a relegated manager with little success notorious for bad defences and stubbornness. We then signed the spine of a related team. Apart from Lukaku we didn't really make any progressive signings. This mentality problem has lingered for years.

I haven't expected Koeman to be as lacklustre as he has been, and I expect better attitude from the players. But I'm honestly not surprised by these players anymore. Everyone competing has got rid when needed and replaced ruthlessly and we've been lagging behind in this aspect for far too long.

Despite all the talk of us being cack I can't see us giving him the old heave ho any time soon, and even less him packing his golf clubs and doing one.
I can only hope that he is indeed playing it cool, and pretty much like Baldrick, he has the most cunning of cunning plans vast improvements in the new year.

I suppose this is the first time I have really expressed my thoughts on the guy but suffice to say my reservations on him are coming to the fore.
I honestly am under the impression he just doesn't want to be here and strikes me whenever he appears on the box he looks like the proverbial rabbit caught in the headlights.
Please may we not be about to see another Everton mishap unfolding.
I would be more forgiving if I could see a certain style of play but just lacking in quality, but right now I am seeing inept players in an inept system, and some of the worst football I have seen for over a decade and not just 1 or 2 bad performances but a whole string of them since late September.

I reiterate that I will still back him and see in Jan when hopefully he has a few more of HIS players. If we are still slipping towards the relegation zone then I think his days maybe up..

I would be more forgiving if I could see a certain style of play but just lacking in quality, but right now I am seeing inept players in an inept system, and some of the worst football I have seen for over a decade and not just 1 or 2 bad performances but a whole string of them since late September.

I reiterate that I will still back him and see in Jan when hopefully he has a few more of HIS players. If we are still slipping towards the relegation zone then I think his days maybe up..
I keep on seeing this statement that he needs HIS players in to be successful and that, to me, is the mark of a very limited manager.

As much asd we despise them, look at Klopp. Got a bunch of very mediocre players challenging for the title so far, and most of them aren't HIS players.

A GOOD manager figures out how to get the best of what's in front of him. And here is Koeman repeatedly saying he needs HIS players in...

He's essentially absolving himself of anything because he doesn't have "HIS players"

He definitely comes across as though he's here under sufferance, from day one he's looked like he's walking around with the bad stench of Everton offending his nostrils.

At first I figured it was just the arrogance of a winner, and accepted that was just the trait of a manager who was going to get things going in the right direction.

But it seems he's not content with alienating the fans, he's clearly isolated himself from the players too - and whatever you think of them - that's never going to yield success these days.

I don't like him and I'll be surprised if he's still here next season.

Needs to sort it out.

You can see from the way he keeps changes things round that he's struggling to find something which works, but that's his job, which he'll be keeping.

I would be more forgiving if I could see a certain style of play but just lacking in quality, but right now I am seeing inept players in an inept system, and some of the worst football I have seen for over a decade and not just 1 or 2 bad performances but a whole string of them since late September..
It is scary how accurate this is.

I keep on seeing this statement that he needs HIS players in to be successful and that, to me, is the mark of a very limited manager.

As much asd we despise them, look at Klopp. Got a bunch of very mediocre players challenging for the title so far, and most of them aren't HIS players.

A GOOD manager figures out how to get the best of what's in front of him. And here is Koeman repeatedly saying he needs HIS players in...

He's essentially absolving himself of anything because he doesn't have "HIS players"
I agree I think I am just trying to give him a chance. Its still very early.

To be honest mate my heads cabbaged with it all, I don't know!!! its not bleeding good or pretty at the minute that's for sure.

Klopp struggled last season, you know, in his first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back