Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has loads of valid excuses for his players not executing his game plan.

We took the first kick off today. McCarthy I think. He gave it to Williams. Wiliams punted it to their GK.

That's nothing to do with Walsh, nothing to do with not signing Gabbiadini or whatever he's called. Or Witsel.

This is a manager not being able to get a team of professionals to play a tune.

He will get it right I'm sure. but it doesn't excuse the current dross.

Did he really do this, bit daft if so especially given the quality of football he himself has been delivering to date.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/10/watford-everton-premier-league-match-report
After being outplayed on the pitch, the Dutchman failed to cover himself in glory after the match either. Rightly furious at his team letting a 1-0 lead become a 3-1 deficit before Romelu Lukaku’s second restored a sheen of credibility, he described his team as “reactive, not proactive”. But he also saw fit to criticise, more than once, his opponents’ style of play.

Walter Mazzarri smiled when he heard that the Dutchman had described his team as “direct and aggressive”. Yes, his side had scored twice from set pieces, and yes the move that led to their opening goal had begun with a long ball from the back. But Mazzarri knew what had happened on the pitch, and Watford had been better in every department.

With respect, he cant coach Jags to be a big monster of a CB, just like he cant coach Barry to suddenly become a box to box midfielder, nor can we just magic a second striker from thin air.

Not in 15 games.

not 15 games, 6 months mate, and yes he could. And with respect Jags and Barry shouldn't need coaching.

When Bobby started the talk was of how cheerful everyone was, how Bobby was enthusiastic for everyone and everything down to the dinner lady and how happy this made everyone feel.

Talk is cheap. Out there on the pitch, that's where the action is.

So are you saying Howard Kendall didn't have any influence at all over events on the field?

With respect, he cant coach Jags to be a big monster of a CB, just like he cant coach Barry to suddenly become a box to box midfielder, nor can we just magic a second striker from thin air.

Not in 15 games.

So just play two up front frandel, two wingers, two centre mids. We've got all those. He doesn't have to reinvent the wheel.

Then he may be in for a shock is what I say. He isn't a man manager it will take more than 3-4 signings to stop the current malaise.

I have no great expectations for the January window.

We will probably spend £30 million on three or four journeymen.

Any really big money we spend on one player will be in the summer IMO.

And even we do buy three or four players, if will take a few games begins they start to meld as a unit.

By that time we coukd be halfway through February and really down among the bottom feeders :(

He has loads of valid excuses for his players not executing his game plan.

We took the first kick off today. McCarthy I think. He gave it to Williams. Wiliams punted it to their GK.

That's nothing to do with Walsh, nothing to do with not signing Gabbiadini or whatever he's called. Or Witsel.

This is a manager not being able to get a team of professionals to play a tune.

He will get it right I'm sure. but it doesn't excuse the current dross.

I may be an anorak but I noticed that the kick-off went straight back to Williams. I thought the kick-off had to go forwards first, according to the rules.

Can we get the game replayed perhaps (after an FA inquiry)?

Not in 15 games.
For 6 millions rips a year I expect him to turn Niasse into George Weah and Cleverley into Pirlo!

Are you mikey her frandel?

Michael may be a little confused on matters like Leigh Griffiths and so forth but I'm sure he wouldn't tolerate Koeman's unique brand of ubertosh Senior Franden

I like decisive action when the ship is listing, and not to see the band strike up another number as we disappear under the surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back