Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's too late for me now Herr Frandelich, I'm saying OUT and we need to make the changes

I'm interested to know what former Martinez Insurrection leader @ianefc has to say about it all
I've said my dear friend. I was very keen on Koeman due to his record at Southampton, now I'm at best neutral. I'd like a bit of pressure put on him from the club, they were quick enough to boast about him after the first 5.

But I'm all about consistency, I do believe that Moyes aided Martinez massively so in turn I truly believe that Martinez is ''aiding" Koeman. He needs another window, my biggest issue is I have no faith in the January window, for any club.

I'm concerned that we're on track for a relegation dog fight though. The worry is that we have as much fight as <insert something witty> and that won't do.

The club is a mess, we have won 27 of the last 91 games. No matter which way you dress that up it's a disgrace.

I may be an anorak but I noticed that the kick-off went straight back to Williams. I thought the kick-off had to go forwards first, according to the rules.

Can we get the game replayed perhaps (after an FA inquiry)?

I always thought it had to be played backwards....that you could not play it into the other team's half at a kick off.

Is that not the case?

I've said my dear friend. I was very keen on Koeman due to his record at Southampton, now I'm at best neutral. I'd like a bit of pressure put on him from the club, they were quick enough to boast about him after the first 5.

But I'm all about consistency, I do believe that Moyes aided Martinez massively so in turn I truly believe that Martinez is ''aiding" Koeman. He needs another window, my biggest issue is I have no faith in the January window, for any club.

I'm concerned that we're on track for a relegation dog fight though. The worry is that we have as much fight as <insert something witty> and that won't do.

The club is a mess, we have won 27 of the last 91 games. No matter which way you dress that up it's a disgrace.

Damn Ian you let me down here I was expecting more from you, or at least the Koeman camp were.

Good post ;)

@orly the big reason we have no character is because the have been removed from the club as we had a mentally weak manager, much like Rodgers at Liverpool. He couldn't handle egos and nor could Martinez. He got shut of Carragher and Gerrard and we have refused to sign leaders/egos.

Clubs a mess from top to bottom.

Sorry sorry state.

Oh Ian, Ian, Ian, just wait till David sees this, you let him in didnt you Ian? He knocked and he knocked and you let him enter you Ian, shame on you Ian, dark days here.

Stunned.

Give it a rest now he has had 15 games,no its not good at the minute and its going to get worse over the next month,but as long as we dont get pulled into a dog fight I'm prepared too give him this season,and into next season.

Good post.

I support Everton not everton managers.

I liked the Koeman appointment and I think he's a good manager, but if he doesn't turn this round sharpish I'll have no qualms with him getting the boot because I care only about Everton.

@orly the big reason we have no character is because the have been removed from the club as we had a mentally weak manager, much like Rodgers at Liverpool. He couldn't handle egos and nor could Martinez. He got shut of Carragher and Gerrard and we have refused to sign leaders/egos.

Clubs a mess from top to bottom.

Sorry sorry state.

Agree with this entirely, but we've let the rampant egos of people like Lukaku - a fine player no doubt - turn us into a sullen bunch of misfits

Don't want to play for us? In a bit then mate. Cowardly little ratfinks like Snivelley who no one will pay money for? Bye.

Did he really do this, bit daft if so especially given the quality of football he himself has been delivering to date.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/10/watford-everton-premier-league-match-report
After being outplayed on the pitch, the Dutchman failed to cover himself in glory after the match either. Rightly furious at his team letting a 1-0 lead become a 3-1 deficit before Romelu Lukaku’s second restored a sheen of credibility, he described his team as “reactive, not proactive”. But he also saw fit to criticise, more than once, his opponents’ style of play.

Walter Mazzarri smiled when he heard that the Dutchman had described his team as “direct and aggressive”. Yes, his side had scored twice from set pieces, and yes the move that led to their opening goal had begun with a long ball from the back. But Mazzarri knew what had happened on the pitch, and Watford had been better in every department.
He also said that they had taller players than us in the same interview FFS

Oh Ian, Ian, Ian, just wait till David sees this, you let him in didnt you Ian? He knocked and he knocked and you let him enter you Ian, shame on you Ian, dark days here.

Stunned.
Im different to Dave mate. I'm open minded, he isn't. He backed Martinez after 20 months of dross, I've been swayed in 5. I've chilled in my support over the past few weeks, so no knee jerk.

Pride goes out the window when Everton don't win, because I turn into a <insert horrible word> when our form is like this.

Players are wimps though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back