Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty much done watching Everton until something changes. Call me fairweather, but I can't stand to see these overpaid primadonnas care less about the game their in than every fan watching in the stands or on tv. Blame Koeman, Martinez, the players, the Board, Bill or whoever you like, but whoever's fault it is, I am done wasting time watching this garbage. Everyone at Everton should be ashamed of what has been happening at the club for the last 3 years, it is pathetic and indefensible.

It's just that it is so BORING supporting us at the moment.

At least with Martinez we had the exhileration of going 3 nil up (before letting in 4 goals and losing the match!)

He doesn't enthuse me. He himself doesn't seem enthused. The enthusiasm of our fans at the moment is distinctly lukewarm. He'd better get his finger out, bring a little excitement, some speed of mind and deed to the play, some oomph, some style, some vivaciousness. It can't be that he's oblivious to the dearth of passion, nous or skill being offered up. Time to see what he's made off, otherwise it's going to be a very unenthusiastic and mutinous fan base.

He doesn't enthuse me. He himself doesn't seem enthused. The enthusiasm of our fans at the moment is distinctly lukewarm. He'd better get his finger out, bring a little excitement, some speed of mind and deed to the play, some oomph, some style, some vivaciousness. It can't be that he's oblivious to the dearth of passion, nous or skill being offered up. Time to see what he's made off, otherwise it's going to be a very unenthusiastic and mutinous fan base.

It's like I'm RK and that is enough...

Erm no it's not enough...you manage Everton Football Club.

Im different to Dave mate. I'm open minded, he isn't. He backed Martinez after 20 months of dross, I've been swayed in 5. I've chilled in my support over the past few weeks, so no knee jerk.

Pride goes out the window when Everton don't win, because I turn into a <insert horrible word> when our form is like this.

Players are wimps though.

Well said, Ian ;)

He´s been lacklustre since day one. Maybe should´ve gone on one less holliday in the summer and concentrated on getting some players in to improve the squad.
Not likely to get that job offer from Barca that he covets with this showing, and rightly so.

I'm still blaming Martinez mainly for this. We're still just as bad and most of this is his fault. Only now that he's gone is it clear to see the amount of damage he's done to most of our players. How he was allowed to carry on for pretty much 2 pathetic seasons, while the life out of our club slowly ebbed away further and further, is ridiculous. Any club with serious ambitions would have got shot of him at the first sight of this happening.

It's amazing that people think Koeman would be enthused by working with a frankly poor squad. Give the guy time and let him bring in more of his own players, not this pile of garbage he's inherited.

I'm still blaming Martinez mainly for this. We're still just as bad and most of this is his fault. Only now that he's gone is it clear to see the amount of damage he's done to most of our players. How he was allowed to carry on for pretty much 2 pathetic seasons, while the life out of our club slowly ebbed away further and further, is ridiculous. Any club with serious ambitions would have got shot of him at the first sight of this happening.

It's amazing that people think Koeman would be enthused by working with a frankly poor squad. Give the guy time and let him bring in more of his own players, not this pile of garbage he's inherited.

There's some truth in this but Koeman can't be given a free pass. He's been undone by most of the squad being either past it (Jags and Barry) or just underachieving and not getting the players in during the last window.

That said a manger of his standing should be doing more or at the very least looking like he cares.

I'm afraid enthusiasm is the least we should expect : at least outwardly. How can he expect the fans to be excited if he seems to be a miserable get all the time. Not the Martinez enthusiasm but a bit of warmth and excitement wouldn't go amiss.

Dark days and a dreadful performance today. Inspiration and a fan support can come from a change in formation and installing a holgate and a Davies. To improve imperformace you first need to change the mood - RK needs to think differently here.

POSITIVE SIGNS

He does not seem deluded. Sees we're bad and says it in the press conferences.

He looks like he has toughness and ruthlessness to take tough decisions.

NEGATIVE SIGNS

Despite the fact he has the toughness and ruthlessness he doesn't seem to be showing it or getting results with it

Errors of judgement in not giving the best youngsters a chance when the main team are not performing and in not signing Hart who would probably give us 5 points per season more than SteklenRobles

There's some truth in this but Koeman can't be given a free pass. He's been undone by most of the squad being either past it (Jags and Barry) or just underachieving and not getting the players in during the last window.

That said a manger of his standing should be doing more or at the very least looking like he cares.

Moshiri seems to be getting more of a free pass yet in all honesty most of our summer spending was on the back of the Stones money. Koeman's signings in his first season at Soton: Tadic, Pelle, Forster, Long, Mane, Bertrand. The guy can build a team. He needs to be backed.

Interpret it how you see fit, the post clearly stated that I'd cooled my like of him over the past few weeks to me responding to Orly wasn't some post match knee jerk fume.

You are doing good, Bro.

We can only judge on what we see and what our expectations for the immediate future are.

And we are seeing dross in the here and now.......and the immediate future looks bleak.

You would not be human if you just gritted your teeth and said "In Ron We Trust".

Right now if I was Mosh I wouldn't be letting him loose with the piggy bank in January, that's for sure.

Now.....if there is indeed a God in heaven and this nightmare is turned around and we have a splendid Christmas with wins in the next three or four games my opinion will change.

But tonight?

I just despair of EFC :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back