Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you get rid of then?

For me: Stekelenburg (need a better no. 1 and rather Robles as no.2), Coleman if the money's good enough, Mori, Oviedo, Gibson, Cleverley, McCarthy, Deulofeu, Mirallas, Lennon, Kone, Niasse. No team sells that many first team players at once though, sadly.

Everyone except Rom, Gana and the youngsters and keep Ross and Geri on 2 years probation (if they don't cut it in that time they're out too)

Everyone except Rom, Gana and the youngsters and keep Ross and Geri on 2 years probation (if they don't cut it in that time they're out too)

Not having Deulofeu anymore. The kid believes his own hype because he's come from Barcelona. Hasn't tried a leg for us all season, which is a huge shame because he's obviously talented. Bin him off.

Does anyone honestly see Koeman as the long term solution for us?

no mate but I don't think he was supposed to be either. I think he was brought in to

a) improve discipline, fitness, performance
b) get us up and running to challenging the top 4 and maybe win a pot
c) [Poor language removed] to Barcelona once he's done a boss job with us for 3 years

failing on all 3 currently but it's early days, though the rate it's going option 3 might happen but without the Barcelona bit.

Why are we taking the first 5 games out of the equation? Why not take the last 5 out instead?

We aren't playing well right now obviously. Let the manager have a chance to turn it around. You can't fire the bullet on the back of a bad run. Any team that does deserves to find themselves in a relegation battle.
Don't want to fire any bullets just don't see the players showing any desire to fight. Koeman doesn't seem to come up with any change in plans when it doesn't work, except put on all the forwards near the end.
Why can't we have good first half?

Watford out fought and out thought us today and deserved everything they got from the game. We are shambolic. But at least Koeman had a cunning plan, play McCarthy up top and run around for Lukaku. There is no rhyme nor reason to our play we are too predictable and too sterile with no movement up top.

Two wingers are played and told to hug the touchline so much so, that they have no room to work in and stifle the full backs bombing on. It becomes too clustered. And when they do put in the crosses there is only one player in the middle - Lukaku - who is useless at heading a ball if he is challenged. It wasn't until Deulofeu, either by design - which I doubt it - or he took it upon himself to come inside and he started running the game and we looked threatening. But what did Koeman do with the subs? Put Deulofeu back on the wing where he became less effective. Incredible.

At least near the end when we were chasing the game we had two up top and players in the box. We need to start the game like that. If Koeman insists on playing Lukaku up top he needs someone with him to do the donkey work. And typical Lukaku for their first goal, he loses the ball - one of 10 he lost in the first half because he can't control the ball. I wonder if he ever practices trapping the ball along with trying to win headers. He is absolutely woeful at judging the flight of the ball.

We need movement up top and Koeman should have them in for extra training - if he can be bothered to get off the golf course that is - to practice practice and practice even more. We can't defend - he has made Williams look like a Sunday League defender who resorts to hoof ball - and I don't know what Baines was doing for the first when he got back, he should have been 5 yards goal side to stop a right footed cross but he just stop and hid behind Mori.

Koeman needs to start earning his money and get on the practice ground and actually practice defending and while he is at it try and tell the players to pass and move.

thats called desire... something we are sorely missing from our whole club.

i honestly think koeman is being the way he is, because of what he was promised (transfer wise) to get him to come here, and what he ended up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back