Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out these form tables, last 6 and 10 games.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england

That's relegation form right there. What do you do with a new manager who starts like that? Give him time? Mike Walker didn't get time, although that was worse admittedly. I'd usually say 3 years but considering i never rated the guy I'm half ready to say get rid.
January transfer window is massive for him but going on what we've brought in so far plus the ones we were linked with, bar Mata, it doesn't exactly fill you with loads of confidence does it? It would be unbelievable if we finally did have some money only for it to be pi**ed up the wall on more bang average players.

Deja vu for me....

Valencia have sacked coach Ronald Koeman just five months after he signed a new two-and-a-half year contract.

The former Holland international agreed the deal in November when his side were fourth in the table, four points behind leaders Real Madrid.

But the team then went into freefall, winning four and drawing six of 22 games, and are currently two points above the drop zone. At the weekend they were beaten 5-1 by Athletic Bilbao, and have lost nine games at their former home fortress of La Mestalla.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ia-sack-Koeman-months-new-half-year-deal.html

After declaring that he was losing control of the team, Koeman went to extreme measures to stamp his authority.

Three key players—Santiago Canizares, David Albelda, and Miguel Angel Angulo—were all told to look for different clubs, as they would no longer be featured in Koeman's plans. Claiming that the trio had become detrimental to the club, the Dutch manager has been looking for ways to off-load them as early as the January transfer window.

Santiago Canizares has publicly stated that he would consider retiring if Koeman stands by his decision to leave the talented veteran goalkeeper out for the rest of his campaign. Spanish giants Barcelona are rumored to be interested in the world-class player.

On the other hand, David Albelda has taken legal action against the club in order to terminate his contract at Valencia. Albelda announced his frustration with the current management at a recent press conference, stating that he deserved better than humiliation.

Having trouble reaching an amicable separation with the club, Albelda and his lawyers will need to find a way to overcome his 60 million-euro release clause.

Doesnt know a good player when he sees one and destroys clubs and cameraderie.

this is very worrying.

His early form and points on the board gives him time. He gets my backing for the time being and needs a transfer window or 2. Here is the point I don't get with him. He understands how he wants to play and he understands the intensity he wants to play at. They players will know because he has stated publicly for last 4 weeks that they are too passive. Yet as the games proceed he just sits there as passively as his team doing nothing about it during the match. It was obvious yesterday after the goal we took our foot off the gas. It is something we have done last couple seasons after scoring. Yet he did nothing about it as if ..well they should know not to do this as I told them. It need a touchline manager yesterday shouting instructions getting his team to drive forward ,challenge for possession with more intensity. He just sits there and watches?

His early form and points on the board gives him time. He gets my backing for the time being and needs a transfer window or 2. Here is the point I don't get with him. He understands how he wants to play and he understands the intensity he wants to play at. They players will know because he has stated publicly for last 4 weeks that they are too passive. Yet as the games proceed he just sits there as passively as his team doing nothing about it during the match. It was obvious yesterday after the goal we took our foot off the gas. It is something we have done last couple seasons after scoring. Yet he did nothing about it as if ..well they should know not to do this as I told them. It need a touchline manager yesterday shouting instructions getting his team to drive forward ,challenge for possession with more intensity. He just sits there and watches?
Bingo!!!;)
Been saying this for a couple of months now. Is he too stubborn to get his arse out the chair to instruct the players. Its like he is thinking 'I've told them what I want they don't need telling again' well if that's the case and their failing to follow your instructions then drop them from the team!! And get players in who will follow your instructions. Which now leads me to, are these players following his instructions? because if they are then I don't want him as manager because I wouldn't even call that football that we are playing at the minute its Sunday league stuff at best.

despite Southampton having their best premier league finish and him being touted as the next Arsenal or Barcelona manager I just wasn't that excited about him coming in. I was behind him on the basis that this is Moshiri's first man and the start of a new era.

We never know what he is like behind closed doors and we can only go from snippets that we see and read which don't always show the whole picture but I just got the impression he wasnt overly bothered about coming, we weren't a bigger enough step up. He was likely lured by the chance of being part of Moshiris big project. This has turned into the kind of summer school project you had great plans for, only after 6 weeks of playing football with your mates down the local park, you can no longer be arsed and scrawl something together whilst eating your brekkie on the first day of the new term. Maybe Ronnie feels duped, frustrated and let down by the powers that be too.

If he does in any way feel he has been misled then I feel for him but that doesn't help cover up his current performance level as our manager. I don't like managerial discussions of late as they always get drawn into comparisons of previous managers and throw about sayings "told you to be careful what you wish for", "the old manager took a dagger to the gunfight", "you didn't want possession footy, now you don't want direct football"

Purely judging the current management and how it has gone so far, its looking really shambolic. It looks very unharmonious. Management staff just sat there on the bench like they've been dragged down the local cinema to watch some chick-flick with their wife of 30 years. Players, within the first half just going through the motions of existing. Frustrated players in the last 15 minutes finally waking up and realising what they are paid to do, shouting at each other, trying to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, running forward with the ball and showing urgency. The players I should imagine are quite rightly fed up of getting booed home and away at the end of 90 mins and cheered off the pitch when they are subbed but it really does appear that (bar a few) they are doing very little to remedy this. Apart from Gana nearly every one of them are losing their individual battles on the pitch each game and just going through the motions of turning up.

Something has to change, maybe Ronnie getting in who he wants over the next few windows but I do want staff who really want to be at Everton, whether it be Koeman on the bench or Lukaku on the pitch. If not I'm quite happy for others to come in who are more willing to be here.

despite Southampton having their best premier league finish and him being touted as the next Arsenal or Barcelona manager I just wasn't that excited about him coming in. I was behind him on the basis that this is Moshiri's first man and the start of a new era.

We never know what he is like behind closed doors and we can only go from snippets that we see and read which don't always show the whole picture but I just got the impression he wasnt overly bothered about coming, we weren't a bigger enough step up. He was likely lured by the chance of being part of Moshiris big project. This has turned into the kind of summer school project you had great plans for, only after 6 weeks of playing football with your mates down the local park, you can no longer be arsed and scrawl something together whilst eating your brekkie on the first day of the new term. Maybe Ronnie feels duped, frustrated and let down by the powers that be too.

If he does in any way feel he has been misled then I feel for him but that doesn't help cover up his current performance level as our manager. I don't like managerial discussions of late as they always get drawn into comparisons of previous managers and throw about sayings "told you to be careful what you wish for", "the old manager took a dagger to the gunfight", "you didn't want possession footy, now you don't want direct football"

Purely judging the current management and how it has gone so far, its looking really shambolic. It looks very unharmonious. Management staff just sat there on the bench like they've been dragged down the local cinema to watch some chick-flick with their wife of 30 years. Players, within the first half just going through the motions of existing. Frustrated players in the last 15 minutes finally waking up and realising what they are paid to do, shouting at each other, trying to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, running forward with the ball and showing urgency. The players I should imagine are quite rightly fed up of getting booed home and away at the end of 90 mins and cheered off the pitch when they are subbed but it really does appear that (bar a few) they are doing very little to remedy this. Apart from Gana nearly every one of them are losing their individual battles on the pitch each game and just going through the motions of turning up.

Something has to change, maybe Ronnie getting in who he wants over the next few windows but I do want staff who really want to be at Everton, whether it be Koeman on the bench or Lukaku on the pitch. If not I'm quite happy for others to come in who are more willing to be here.

I'm not to worried about Koeman lack of enthusiasm, he is fuming in the game and you can see he not happy with what he sees on the pitch and no is tbf. Maybe we need to look at the players because this bad form hadn't started when Koeman came, maybe Koeman needs to look at our coaching team and our fitness coaches. Is Dunc doing his job? These problems are not down to one man.

We are in trouble, by the New Year we could well be in the relegation zone and the moral is already shot! Really disappointed with the style of play he has brought and alienation of certain players has clearly backfired which smacks of zero man management skills. This won't end well I fear...

I don't think he's an Everton manager. He shows no pride in being here and he looks pretty clueless in handling players motivation wise and organising them. It's a poor tradesman that blames his tools and that's all he's done since got here.

He really needs a good second half of the season. Before that though, he needs to pick up a win in one of the next two big games.

Tbf we don't have any good players worth keeping, the whole team need rebuilding and i don't care if he upsets our players. They were disgusting last season and down tools in a Derby and Martinez was left to hang by these cowards who wear our shirt.
Yes but the team will not be rebuilt after Jan, he needs to also go with what he has now, and there is little evidence so far that he possesses the leadership, communication and people management skills to achieve that.

RK had a reputation as a tough task master yet he picks the same 16 players all the time, has not changed the
formation, has not developed a clear playing method or approach, and has not fixed the team's weaknesses.

The Dutch master tolerates the Stek who is so crap: he never plays anyone alongside Lukaku until we are losing and there are 10 mins left; he has not fixed the lack of running in the team and the team itself looks tired and uncertain; no young players yet Miralles plays all the time. Lets be honest, Miralles is peripheral in almost every game. TBF he did drop Jags though.

In addition, RK thought Sissoko was good and tried hard to get him.

Arsenal and LFC have the capacity to blow us off the Park. Two points from those games look like the best we can hope for based on what I have seen.

Horrendous form, but it's way too early to hit the panic button.

As long as he turns it around over Christmas and makes his mark in the transfer window, it'll be fine.

If February rolls round and nothing's changed, then I'll start soiling myself.

I see nothing resembling a manager on the bench. I haven't seen a half decent performance since Koeman arrived. We had a lot of luck in the early games and are very much relegation quality this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back