Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness I would assume his contract is along the lines of what Martinez got - i.e. his contract to be paid up in full in the event of dismissal.
You'd hope that the club had learnt from the Martinez debacle and added some significant KPI into his contract, yet as you mention I doubt it.

In addition, I doubt simply a slump in performances would be a clause they would able to trigger; it'll undoubtedly be much more specific.

You know what, I'm not even arsed at this point. All I want is anyone other than this bunch of sorry bell ends representing Everton. They simply can't be any worse. They're horrible this group of players, I feel no affinity towards them whatsoever.
I agree with this, there's no inspiration on the pitch, no one like Peter Reid or similar, Cahill for instance, who you can relate too who actually cares.
Our best player, Lakaku does nothing but show total contempt, even Baines who I've always liked has lost heart.
Some serious work to do behind the scenes.
Disillusioned here to say the least.

...I don't know what's going on in the club but there appears to be a disjoint between the Manager and the players. It was clear that Martinez had lost the dressing room, I don't know if that is the case with Koeman. If it is, either the manager has to go or there has to be a clear out.

My uninformed view is based on something Moshiri said about Koeman when he described him as 'ruthless'. I suspect he's not lost the dressing room, I think it might be more that he's given up on the players and he's making that plain. That approach is high risk because you no longer get the best out of who you've got.

He might be ruthless but he might not be clever. Only time will tell if his approach works.

I agree with this, there's no inspiration on the pitch, no one like Peter Reid or similar, Cahill for instance, who you can relate too who actually cares.
Our best player, Lakaku does nothing but show total contempt, even Baines who I've always liked has lost heart.
Some serious work to do behind the scenes.
Disillusioned here to say the least.

It just doesn't feel like Everton, it hasn't for the best part of 3 years. Everton have always had heart and spirit, even when lacking quality, when we used to lose it would cripple me and when we won I would be over the moon and bursting with pride. Nowadays I just have a constant malaise, I don't even get angry when we concede. That's proper sad, and I think most of our match-going fans feel the same judging by the atmosphere at Goodison these past few years. The soul has slowly been drained out of the club, if nothing else I just want that back.

Deja vu for me....

Valencia have sacked coach Ronald Koeman just five months after he signed a new two-and-a-half year contract.

The former Holland international agreed the deal in November when his side were fourth in the table, four points behind leaders Real Madrid.

But the team then went into freefall, winning four and drawing six of 22 games, and are currently two points above the drop zone. At the weekend they were beaten 5-1 by Athletic Bilbao, and have lost nine games at their former home fortress of La Mestalla.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ia-sack-Koeman-months-new-half-year-deal.html

After declaring that he was losing control of the team, Koeman went to extreme measures to stamp his authority.

Three key players—Santiago Canizares, David Albelda, and Miguel Angel Angulo—were all told to look for different clubs, as they would no longer be featured in Koeman's plans. Claiming that the trio had become detrimental to the club, the Dutch manager has been looking for ways to off-load them as early as the January transfer window.

Santiago Canizares has publicly stated that he would consider retiring if Koeman stands by his decision to leave the talented veteran goalkeeper out for the rest of his campaign. Spanish giants Barcelona are rumored to be interested in the world-class player.

On the other hand, David Albelda has taken legal action against the club in order to terminate his contract at Valencia. Albelda announced his frustration with the current management at a recent press conference, stating that he deserved better than humiliation.

Having trouble reaching an amicable separation with the club, Albelda and his lawyers will need to find a way to overcome his 60 million-euro release clause.

Doesnt know a good player when he sees one and destroys clubs and cameraderie.
Said exactly the same in another thread. Worrying similarities, the thing is all of this stuff was out there, instead we only focused on his last two seasons instead of his whole record.

You'd hope that the club had learnt from the Martinez debacle and added some significant KPI into his contract, yet as you mention I doubt it.

In addition, I doubt simply a slump in performances would be a clause they would able to trigger; it'll undoubtedly be much more specific.
If there's any performance related clause it'll be something like failure to finish in the top six so that will have to be a mathematical impossibility before it can be invoked.
Wouldn't be surprised if there's no clause whatsoever despite the Martinez debacle.
Moshiri may learn some painful lessons about football he was simply never exposed to at Arsenal.

It just doesn't feel like Everton, it hasn't for the best part of 3 years. Everton have always had heart and spirit, even when lacking quality, when we used to lose it would cripple me and when we won I would be over the moon and bursting with pride. Nowadays I just have a constant malaise, I don't even get angry when we concede. That's proper sad, and I think most of our match-going fans feel the same judging by the atmosphere at Goodison these past few years. The soul has slowly been drained out of the club, if nothing else I just want that back.
You're a proper blue mate, I'll give you that. Almost made me cry the highlighted bit.
Take it easy

Does Koeman even watch the U23s?

Dunno, but in life I believe in backing performers and Unsworth is deserving his chance more everyday. Might make Koeman realise what talent we have already got, think everyone can see we're crying out for Davis to start regardless of the opposition. The first team are riddled with fear and it shows in their play.

No, that's a terrible idea. We need a completely new starting XI.
Koeman said:The Premier League is not always about football qualities, it’s about physicality, about second balls and in that respect the team is too weak.
That is the problem.. Only children on the pitch. No one is there wanting to fight for the ball. Look at Barkley Lukaku Baines Coleman Del Mirralas ... Afraid to put a foot in. Lukaku making 4 Km a match. Firmino doing 10 km. No workrate and not enough talent to do it like Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back