Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman said:The Premier League is not always about football qualities, it’s about physicality, about second balls and in that respect the team is too weak.
That is the problem.. Only children on the pitch. No one is there wanting to fight for the ball. Look at Barkley Lukaku Baines Coleman Del Mirralas ... Afraid to put a foot in. Lukaku making 4 Km a match. Firmino doing 10 km. No workrate and not enough talent to do it like Barcelona.

I've noticed we never win the second balls either

I wouldn't back this "team" haha to beat a league one side, i don't think i've ever felt that way about an Everton side,

i'm fully expecting 3 heavy defeats coming up and we'll be well on our way to a relegation fight

i went to dresden for the pre season games and im telling you now, 6 months down the line the team have regressed and not improved.

we were pretty shambolic in dresden, i put that down to koeman only having been with the squad a few weeks, plus it was pre season. we got played off the park in both games, what i saw yesterday was very much the same, and that 6 months after the fitness regime and coaching methods of koeman.

it is very worrying.

It just doesn't feel like Everton, it hasn't for the best part of 3 years. Everton have always had heart and spirit, even when lacking quality, when we used to lose it would cripple me and when we won I would be over the moon and bursting with pride. Nowadays I just have a constant malaise, I don't even get angry when we concede. That's proper sad, and I think most of our match-going fans feel the same judging by the atmosphere at Goodison these past few years. The soul has slowly been drained out of the club, if nothing else I just want that back.
Spot on, the game against Norwich with Unsworth in charge stands out like a sore thumb.

If there's any performance related clause it'll be something like failure to finish in the top six so that will have to be a mathematical impossibility before it can be invoked.
Wouldn't be surprised if there's no clause whatsoever despite the Martinez debacle.
Moshiri may learn some painful lessons about football he was simply never exposed to at Arsenal.
Agreed and that's my point. Regardless of how woeful we've been and any apparent lack of system, that'll not be enough to activate any clause.

Unless we see a long term continuation of our slump and no real signs of improvement, the board will stick with Koeman and give him time.

People need to realise that they're not simply going to splurge nigh on fifteen odd million on removing him, so let's try to be patient as well.

We can't buy a whole new team in January.

2-3 good signings can undoubtedly make an impact but a bigger concern is that they would seemingly be walking into a dressing-room where nobody gives a damn.

The whole club seems to be sleepwalking into an "Everything will be ok once January comes" trap.

But we need performances and results NOW.

We could easily end the year hovering a few points, if not actual placings, above whatever club is in 18th.

Folk say we'll be fine, but I don't want us to have to be looking over our shoulders to that extent.

And the likelihood in January is that signings might come towards the end of the month.

A lot of points to be played for between now and then.

Koeman must abandon whatever failed principles he is sticking with and manage the team to get results, pronto.

Everything else is secondary.

We are in a serious bind.

...I don't know what's going on in the club but there appears to be a disjoint between the Manager and the players. It was clear that Martinez had lost the dressing room, I don't know if that is the case with Koeman. If it is, either the manager has to go or there has to be a clear out.

My uninformed view is based on something Moshiri said about Koeman when he described him as 'ruthless'. I suspect he's not lost the dressing room, I think it might be more that he's given up on the players and he's making that plain. That approach is high risk because you no longer get the best out of who you've got.

He might be ruthless but he might not be clever. Only time will tell if his approach works.
You could well be right but in that case, he's stupid and not a very good manager. You can replace players but in the meantime you have to get the best out of them.

...I don't know what's going on in the club but there appears to be a disjoint between the Manager and the players. It was clear that Martinez had lost the dressing room, I don't know if that is the case with Koeman. If it is, either the manager has to go or there has to be a clear out.

My uninformed view is based on something Moshiri said about Koeman when he described him as 'ruthless'. I suspect he's not lost the dressing room, I think it might be more that he's given up on the players and he's making that plain. That approach is high risk because you no longer get the best out of who you've got.

He might be ruthless but he might not be clever. Only time will tell if his approach works.

I feel this, like he was revealed his hand too early. He could have played the game a bit and give some false promises.

We can't buy a whole new team in January.

2-3 good signings can undoubtedly make an impact but a bigger concern is that they would seemingly be walking into a dressing-room where nobody gives a damn.

The whole club seems to be sleepwalking into an "Everything will be ok once January comes" trap.

But we need performances and results NOW.

We could easily end the year hovering a few points, if not actual placings, above whatever club is in 18th.

Folk say we'll be fine, but I don't want us to have to be looking over our shoulders to that extent.

And the likelihood in January is that signings might come towards the end of the month.

A lot of points to be played for between now and then.

Koeman must abandon whatever failed principles he is sticking with and manage the team to get results, pronto.

Everything else is secondary.

We are in a serious bind.

Hoping that 3-4 new signings can give us the impetus to push on and keep us from worrying about the 'R' word... As you quite rightly say though, walking into a dressing room where no one gives a [Poor language removed] will probably be immediately detrimental to any new faces.

Worrying times.

When our favourite striker scores for the U21s it's a rubbish level of football,but when people start talking about Unsworth's managerial qualities suddenly.........

You could well be right but in that case, he's stupid and not a very good manager. You can replace players but in the meantime you have to get the best out of them.

...as I said, time will tell us if his approach works. My preference and my approach would be a transition of bringing the type of players I wanted whilst trying to tick results over. January has to be a major period for Koeman, if he fails to generate the changes in personnel it's hard to see him turning results around.

we also now have to factor in our current league position.

if we were in and around the top 4 , say 3 points off 4th spot and looking good for a european spot, then im sure we could attract some high calibre players from across europe. we would probably have a que at the door infact for players wanting to join and make an impact and get us to europe.

it now looks like we are going to be offering , im not going as far to say a relegation battle, but we are definatly going to be in the wrong half of the league, and probably going to be around the bottom of the form table, with players and manager at an alltime low.

the difference in the type of players we are going to be able to attract will be quite substantial i would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back