Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree Koeman should be working harder but not to the point where it's fruitless. There aren't many at the club who aren't letting us down at the minute big time. But the players are the biggest factor.

They've showed they don't want to fight for a manger, the club, even fight for a result. Our goal celebrations are even muted. If a respected manager with premier league and european experience can't get these players to play, it's possible nobody can. And then what's the plan if Koeman leaves? What sane, qualified, top manager would look at the Everton managers job and see a potential league challenging team. For the change it need they would need a hell of an endorsement and confidence in the board to invest.

The majority of managers are careerists and normally most of the guff they say about how great they find a club is nonsense they're expected to say. So in that regard, with self interest at heart, which managerial mastermind would jump at the chance to manage us, to get us competing with several other teams who have more financial backing, and a core squad that is a world ahead of ours, all of this being demanded in a small frame of time.

And this is where I see it differently to others. I don't think we're unlucky to have Koeman, I think we're lucky. Getting rid too soon would be an absolute disaster, and set us back more than we already are. Pointing the blame solely at the manager whose been here a matter of months when the players have given up on being remotely bothered for years is ludicrous. I've seen enough from the players to know my opinion of them, Koeman has more to offer and I'm willing to be as patient as I can.

Say we lose to the rs, Arsenal and Leicester mate

We'd be 6 points worse off than at this point last season after 18 games
We will have taken 7 points out of the last 13 games (currently we have taken 7 from the last 10 games)
We would be on target to achieve about 41/42 pooints for the season at near enough the half way point

Our form guide will read LLDDLWLDLDLLLL

If that was the record of any manager in the league do you not think the pressure on them to be sacked would be justified?

Yes - but there's a lot of caveats that you're not taking into account.

If we get say 1 point or less from. our next 3 then he's going to go. I don't want him to go because the the gutless squad will have got their wish again. They will be one hundred percent to blame. But in that situation there is no other option. I detest this squad and modern footballers in general.

There's no chance he's going.

friggin hell, people harping back to the Bobby era.

Get a grip.

He's had 15 games. That is not enough time.

I'm not happy with the form at all and I can't understand why he's not made a few changes - that's down to him.

But friggin hell, the over-reactions are ridiculous.

Agree Koeman should be working harder but not to the point where it's fruitless. There aren't many at the club who aren't letting us down at the minute big time. But the players are the biggest factor.

They've showed they don't want to fight for a manger, the club, even fight for a result. Our goal celebrations are even muted. If a respected manager with premier league and european experience can't get these players to play, it's possible nobody can. And then what's the plan if Koeman leaves? What sane, qualified, top manager would look at the Everton managers job and see a potential league challenging team. For the change it need they would need a hell of an endorsement and confidence in the board to invest.

The majority of managers are careerists and normally most of the guff they say about how great they find a club is nonsense they're expected to say. So in that regard, with self interest at heart, which managerial mastermind would jump at the chance to manage us, to get us competing with several other teams who have more financial backing, and a core squad that is a world ahead of ours, all of this being demanded in a small frame of time.

And this is where I see it differently to others. I don't think we're unlucky to have Koeman, I think we're lucky. Getting rid too soon would be an absolute disaster, and set us back more than we already are. Pointing the blame solely at the manager whose been here a matter of months when the players have given up on being remotely bothered for years is ludicrous. I've seen enough from the players to know my opinion of them, Koeman has more to offer and I'm willing to be as patient as I can.

How patient do you think you can be, Tony?

If we are still in freefall this time next month will your patience run out as we hurtle toward the relegation zone?

Whether we like it or not, the team is not going to be completely replaced in January.

Ergo this manager better come up with a new way of doing things.....starting 48 hours from now.

Koeman doesn't just get to decide not to put in the hard graft merely because it is "fruitless".

He needs to start justifying his existence at our club right now......otherwise he can just do one.

Agreed and that's my point. Regardless of how woeful we've been and any apparent lack of system, that'll not be enough to activate any clause.

Unless we see a long term continuation of our slump and no real signs of improvement, the board will stick with Koeman and give him time.

People need to realise that they're not simply going to splurge nigh on fifteen odd million on removing him, so let's try to be patient as well.

a) nobody knows what his compo is. I would hope it is on some sort of sliding scale like Moyes only getting 1 years dosh out of his 6. If it isn't then it's Lombard street to a china orange that Bill or Elstone was in on it.

b) Or alternately, let him spunk 4, 5, 6 times as much over the next two windows...which may or may not have to be internally generated.

whatever, it's brown trouser time for everyone from Moshiri down
a very 'Interesting' next 7weeks with 7 league and 1 maybe 2 cup games.

He inherited a mess.

He wants to play a different style of football than Martinez, i.e. not concede more than we score and not lose games.

The players - who Baines publicly admitted downed tools under Martinez due to a complete lack of discipline at the club - aren't listening to him, nor are they putting in the required effort. They start games slowly and they don't run. That's the character and calibre of these players he's dealing with.

He's already said he want to bring in lots of different players in January and next summer to change things.

He's not very animated - that's not necessarily a fault. You can be measured in your management without acting like Kloppo the Clown on the sidelines.

He probably should buy himself some time and good will by playing the likes of Holgate and Davies and a few of the other kids. That's my major gripe with him.

Other than that, we were always going to struggle on until January, when hopefully we can sign at least 3 or 4 players to go straight into the first team and also get rid of a few off the books too.

He's not getting sacked until the end of the season (if at all), unless we end up in absolute dire straights. It took Martinez nearly 2 seasons of mid-table mediocrity to get sacked, they're not sacking Koeman after just 15 games of this and before he's had a sustained period to change personnel and get his own men in.

When Kendall first came in 1981, he signed 7 players straight away. Only 1 turned out to be any good (Southall). Kendall then had his documented struggles with the team too before success. It's always darkest right before dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back