Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still early days of course - but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to con myself that he is the answer.

We needed a fit, not just a name - contrary to what Moshiri and his banking mate keep saying.

Is Koeman a fit?

and 1 win is not enough wins

Well clearly it's not.

But he's a new manager who has had 15 games, and one transfer window where the club failed to bring in all of his targets.

He was left with arguably the worst performing squad we've had in a decade, with loads of players who can only do one thing.

The football recently has been drab and we've been awful. The team are a bunch of bottlers.

He isn't getting sacked

Still early days of course - but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to con myself that he is the answer.

We needed a fit, not a name - contrary to what Moshiri and his banking mate keep saying.

Is Koeman a fit?

Yes, very much so.

He's the anti Martinez, which is what the club was crying out for.

We're on a terrible run but I genuinely don't think Pep could get a better tune out of this mess we have either.

We play in fits and starts like we have done for going on three years.

He needs time.

If, after he's had that time, we're still in a rut (generally speaking) then he'll go.

Well clearly it's not.

But he's a new manager who has had 15 games, and one transfer window where the club failed to bring in all of his targets.

He was left with arguably the worst performing squad we've had in a decade, with loads of players who can only do one thing.

The football recently has been drab and we've been awful. The team are a bunch of bottlers.

He isn't getting sacked

well not this week anyway...as Harold Wilson never said - 'A week is a long time in football'

We needed a fit, not just a name - contrary to what Moshiri and his banking mate keep saying.

Is Koeman a fit?
So you're on record as not being conned by Ronald Konman then?
*blames predictive text in advance

How patient do you think you can be, Tony?

If we are still in freefall this time next month will your patience run out as we hurtle toward the relegation zone?

Whether we like it or not, the team is not going to be completely replaced in January.

Ergo this manager better come up with a new way of doing things.....starting 48 hours from now.

Koeman doesn't just get to decide not to put in the hard graft merely because it is "fruitless".

He needs to start justifying his existence at our club right now......otherwise he can just do one.

We have to be patient. Unless we want to start firing managers every 15 games when quite clearly the players aren't good enough.

Well clearly it's not.

He isn't getting sacked

I'm not saying I want him sacked. I'm just saying that i think you're wrong in saying he won't be sacked if we lose our next 3. I think it would definitely happen. To be honest, if he doesn't win any of the next 5 tho, then I'd get rid too. Not because I think he's a bad manager, but because if we get to that point, it categorically won't have worked out.

That said I'm confident we won't get to that stage, but it's a serious situation .

It's the day after and I'm sober but still angry. Just don't know how I feel about this guy. My head says 15 games is not enough but my eyes and heart tell me he just isn't for Everton.

I've said before I do not trust this guy with the transfer window and even if he buys well I'm not convinced he'll get the best out of them.

Yes, very much so.

He's the anti Martinez, which is what the club was crying out for.

Disagree mate.

We needed a medium between Moyes/Martinez.

Koeman might be a name - but his record before EFC doesnt offer me much hope he can do the business here. He did OK at Southampton - big thrill.

How did he do at Valencia? Worse than G Neville? And Benfica?...

He needs time. He is working some of the most unprofessional players I've seen in years. They don't care. They downed tools under Martinez and some of them just can't seem to pick them back up again.

James McCarthy would rather leave and go to Newcastle in the Championship than fight for his place here.

I don't think we will see the best of Koeman till next season.

Even at the start of the season when we were winning games, Koeman said that we still were not at the right level or playing well enough. He has warned us for long enough. If anything the club let him down in the summer with the lack of signings. I expect a huge change in playing staff over the next two windows. A lot of the old guard, Jagielka etc will be shown the door too.

You can't expect miracles, just look at United and they've spent loads. Stop demanding instant success and just give it time.

Last edited:
Disagree mate.

We needed a medium between Moyes/Martinez.

Koeman might be a name - but his record before EFC doesnt offer me much hope he can do the business here. He did OK at Southampton - big thrill.

How did he do at Valencia? Worse than G Neville? And Benfica?...
Conversely, Pochettinos record was no great shakes when Tottenham took him. He's doing ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back