Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping that 3-4 new signings can give us the impetus to push on and keep us from worrying about the 'R' word... As you quite rightly say though, walking into a dressing room where no one gives a [Poor language removed] will probably be immediately detrimental to any new faces.

Worrying times.
Understandably . It depends though who the new signings are , a couple of midfielders who can tackle and drive the ball forward and connect with our attack along with a quality forward to complement Lukaku should lift the spirits of the whole team and convince them they can actually win occasionally. I'd like to build the team around Gana ,the only actual footballer currently in our side. I live in hope.

we also now have to factor in our current league position.

if we were in and around the top 4 , say 3 points off 4th spot and looking good for a european spot, then im sure we could attract some high calibre players from across europe. we would probably have a que at the door infact for players wanting to join and make an impact and get us to europe.

it now looks like we are going to be offering , im not going as far to say a relegation battle, but we are definatly going to be in the wrong half of the league, and probably going to be around the bottom of the form table, with players and manager at an alltime low.

the difference in the type of players we are going to be able to attract will be quite substantial i would say.

We must be one off the bottom of the current form table now that Swansea have won another game.

Only them and Hull were below us last week. Maybe Palace as well?

we also now have to factor in our current league position.

if we were in and around the top 4 , say 3 points off 4th spot and looking good for a european spot, then im sure we could attract some high calibre players from across europe. we would probably have a que at the door infact for players wanting to join and make an impact and get us to europe.

it now looks like we are going to be offering , im not going as far to say a relegation battle, but we are definatly going to be in the wrong half of the league, and probably going to be around the bottom of the form table, with players and manager at an alltime low.

the difference in the type of players we are going to be able to attract will be quite substantial i would say.

Yip.

If we thought it was hard attracting top class players in the summer, the task will be almost impossible in January.

It will be three or four journeymen.

...as I said, time will tell us if his approach works. My preference and my approach would be a transition of bringing the type of players I wanted whilst trying to tick results over. January has to be a major period for Koeman, if he fails to generate the changes in personnel it's hard to see him turning results around.
Your approach would be what any good manager would do in that situation!

You still backing him till this point next season dave? What if we are in a relegation scrap come the end of January?
Yep. He has to have a season. It all could change with a morale boosting win over Arsenal or Liverpool.

He dies look like an appallingly bad fit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back