Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
POSITIVE SIGNS

He does not seem deluded. Sees we're bad and says it in the press conferences.

He looks like he has toughness and ruthlessness to take tough decisions.

NEGATIVE SIGNS

Despite the fact he has the toughness and ruthlessness he doesn't seem to be showing it or getting results with it

Errors of judgement in not giving the best youngsters a chance when the main team are not performing and in not signing Hart who would probably give us 5 points per season more than SteklenRobles

I actually think he is deluded, Jon.

I firmly believe he does not see himself in any way responsible for this mess on the pitch.

Moshiri seems to be getting more of a free pass yet in all honesty most of our summer spending was on the back of the Stones money. Koeman's signings in his first season at Soton: Tadic, Pelle, Forster, Long, Mane, Bertrand. The guy can build a team. He needs to be backed.

It's quite probable from what @The Esk tells us that he was backed and that it was just a mixture of incompetence and players not wanting to join us that prevented more and better signings.

I cant see us getting any good big signings in January but I do help that Walsh finds us some Gana style up and coming gems

It's quite probable from what @The Esk tells us that he was backed and that it was just a mixture of incompetence and players not wanting to join us that prevented more and better signings.

I cant see us getting any good big signings in January but I do help that Walsh finds us some Gana style up and coming gems

Not sure I'd call Gueye an up and coming gem when he's 27 and already played in the Prem, but I know what you mean.

And Re Moshiri backing Koeman, yeah I think the Sissoko bid/fiasco bore that out but surely we must have had other irons in the fire and not just Enner Valencia on loan

I seen this feller interviewed before the game talking about winning titles.

7 points from the last 30. Lol.

The feller looks clueless.
Just like the last one.

You know, the fella who stood by and watched Koeman's Southampton Webb us 3-0 didn't make a change and then referenced our character.:hayee:

I can't even get happy even if we win or score anymore - I just despise the players of this team too much, there's no unity between the team and the fans like there once was. And that's devastating.

I hope Koeman does the right thing and immediately gets rid of anyone we get an offer for and replace them with people who want to be here.

I can't even get happy even if we win or score anymore - I just despise the players of this team too much, there's no unity between the team and the fans like there once was. And that's devastating.

I hope Koeman does the right thing and immediately gets rid of anyone we get an offer for and replace them with people who want to be here.

He would need to replace himself as well then because he never looks like he is altogether happy being at Everton :pint2:

I seen this feller interviewed before the game talking about winning titles.

7 points from the last 30. Lol.

The feller looks clueless.
I recall RM did the same. Not defending RK he has played his part in this but he is 13 games in and for me deserves a little more time before we hang him.

I'm still blaming Martinez mainly for this. We're still just as bad and most of this is his fault. Only now that he's gone is it clear to see the amount of damage he's done to most of our players. How he was allowed to carry on for pretty much 2 pathetic seasons, while the life out of our club slowly ebbed away further and further, is ridiculous. Any club with serious ambitions would have got shot of him at the first sight of this happening.

It's amazing that people think Koeman would be enthused by working with a frankly poor squad. Give the guy time and let him bring in more of his own players, not this pile of garbage he's inherited.
This garbage we have was touted as the best squad we had since the mid 80's

Strange the

Massive decline

Who do you get rid of then?

For me: Stekelenburg (need a better no. 1 and rather Robles as no.2), Coleman if the money's good enough, Mori, Oviedo, Gibson, Cleverley, McCarthy, Deulofeu, Mirallas, Lennon, Kone, Niasse. No team sells that many first team players at once though, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back