Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
give the next manager funds to build a team as opposed to continuing the sell-to-buy policy.
There's a first time for everything.. let's see if Moshiri can break the mould.

Every time I hear us linked with some lad who can't get a game with Man United, I groan.

Lazy journos - plus of course we've got history and the summer wasn't exactly a swinging success, unless you count Gana who, in one sense is a success but in another must have been desperate to get away from Vanilla Park

If things do not start to improve under Ronald, Eddie Howe would be the most suitable replacement. Seems to know what's needed to get his players up for it.

Yes, except we don't have players with the fortitude of the AFCB squad

He has a lot of "past it" and "not up for it" squad.

Yes to this and the rest of your comment

Very open and honest press conference this afternoon.

Hope he forces the first team squad to listen to every word. I guess that's his style though. Make them know the situation.

I don't know, I did wonder that as well. Even his post match interviews are half hearted

Passion is lacking - not even remotely "phenomenal"

It concerns me that he seems to think that he is some kind of neutral observer in all this.

Yep!

Looky here:

ico_prog_st.png
OGC Nice 17 12 4 1 32 12 +20 40
ico_prog_st.png
AS Monaco 17 12 3 2 53 16 +37 39
ico_prog_st.png
Paris Saint-Germain 17 11 3 3 32 13 +19 36
ico_prog_plus.png
Olympique Lyonnais 16 9 1 6 29 18 +11 28
ico_prog_moins.png
Stade Rennais FC 17 8 3 6 18 20 -2 27

and yet, here we are debating about getting in 4-5 players in a January window (to take it to a grand total of 8-9 players Koeman would have brought in).
So frustrating! From wiki, 'Favre chose Nice, saying that he was "tired of waiting" for Everton to make a decision.'
So Favre was eager to join at the time RK was so motivated by the Moshiri project he peed off on holiday.
From ESPN, 'Fans (of Favre's Nice) are watching some of the best football in Europe this season. It's solid at the back... They are also very creative and technical in midfield with young, small players who can play a Spanish style of pass and move.'
This while we're being treated to absolute turd for the third season running.
:rant::rant::rant:

new Ron interview...he actually said this:

"If I am an Evertonian...and I am"

Full quote:

--------------------------------------
“I know most of the opinions. If I am an Evertonian, and I am, I am also disappointed at one win out of 10 because that’s not what we need to do. We won’t win every game but one in 10 is under-performing by everybody, including me. But sometimes this kind of situations you need to understand. It’s not an easy answer - fight more, run more. It’s also about quality on the ball.

Of course we need to work behind closed doors for the future but the problem is now and if you think too much about January and next summer that is not counting this season. We need to resolve the problem now. It’s all about the commitment of the players – bring your quality in the team. We have spoken about that to get a better run of results but you don’t have time. OWe all know the fixtures coming up.

Every week we have several meetings about this and it’s more normal in difficult situations. That was good but finally the answer is on the pitch and not between four walls in a meeting room."

--------------------------------------
I translate everything he says back to Dutch, and then most of the way he says things is not so bad. Half the problem is that he's too used to speaking his mind. That Dutch way of shaping sentences comes out as crude and too direct when his brain takes the Dutch, cuts it into English and then it blurts out of his cakehole unfiltered in press conferences and interviews. He reminds me of Cruyff in that respect- he's legendary for his truisms and blunt statements.

The other problem is deffo the aging, rubbish football players, and him pinning the blame firmly on them.

Fair enough but there's still the bit the highly-paid, supposedly-top level manager needs to bring - motivation, tactics, drive and positivity; he ain't bringing that to the party at the mo, and needs to look at himself too.

So frustrating! From wiki, 'Favre chose Nice, saying that he was "tired of waiting" for Everton to make a decision.'
So Favre was eager to join at the time RK was so motivated by the Moshiri project he peed off on holiday.
From ESPN, 'Fans (of Favre's Nice) are watching some of the best football in Europe this season. It's solid at the back... They are also very creative and technical in midfield with young, small players who can play a Spanish style of pass and move.'
This while we're being treated to absolute turd for the third season running.
:rant::rant::rant:

"They are also very creative and technical in midfield with young, small players who can play a Spanish style of pass and move."

He'd fit perfect in our "park the bus and hoof" style of play

Eff it, I'm just going to come out and say it. We need to get Eddie Howe

As someone who quite likes Bournemouth and Eddie I'll say DONT DO IT EDDIE, DON'T COME, WE'RE CURSED.

He's got a nice little gig in Bournemouth by the sea, a future go at England Manager.

Stay where you are mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back