Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Ron's comments re overusing the Long ball points to him having told defenders not to take unnecessary risks at the back, which is understandable after the last couple of years of overplaying until you make a mistake.

Problem is confidence is so low, and no players showing leadership, so they're all taking the easy option of lumping it forward. Need more players comfortable with taking the ball forward, and intelligence to know when to do it.

15 games though, he needs more time and a better window under his belt, before I'll level any major criticisms. That said, I still don't think he knows a) his best 11, b) best formation, c) best balance of defence and attack.

It's a load of crock, innit

:pint2:

I don't know Khal. I said in another post I found it strange that he opted for this approach as it was never something I'd seen him do athe Southampton.

It maybe as simple as the lack of creativity in the middle of the park, we were very static under Bobby but he was happy because it was all possession based.

I like Ronky, I'm annoyed, but he was one of my favourite players as a kid. I'm more intrigued with January now.

And I hope it's like lambs to the slaughter, one after the other booted out if this beautiful club

I don't know Khal. I said in another post I found it strange that he opted for this approach as it was never something I'd seen him do athe Southampton.

It maybe as simple as the lack of creativity in the middle of the park, we were very static under Bobby but he was happy because it was all possession based.

I like Ronky, I'm annoyed, but he was one of my favourite players as a kid. I'm more intrigued with January now.

And I hope it's like lambs to the slaughter, one after the other booted out if this beautiful club

I would say if they are hoofing if against his instructions that is even worse than if they were hoofing it as per his instructions, Chris lol

It is just a complete shambles.

But you know what......I am counting the hours down now until tomorrow evening and really looking forward to the game.

And I don't think we will be beaten ;)

COYBB

I would say if they are hoofing if against his instructions that is even worse than if they were hoofing it as per his instructions, Chris lol

It is just a complete shambles.

But you know what......I am counting the hours down now until tomorrow evening and really looking forward to the game.

And I don't think we will be beaten ;)

COYBB

If they are going against is instructions then I'm sure he'll take the necessary action. January as got a little bit more interesting.

I hope you're right about tomorrow

Didn't watch the presser but I'm guessing he's said he hates hoofball, but doesn't think this squad can play a passing game. I'd agree to an extent. Surely there's a middle ground though because hoofing to Rom is basically giving the opp the ball.

Think the reason we hoof it is when the centre half's have it no central midfield players show except barry sometimes. When the full backs have it gerry and mirallas are to far up field to pass short to. Changed the system last 15 minutes and we suddenly started passing it.

Just read through this thread today and wondered how knee jerking crazy some of the posters on here are. Just to put things into perspective. Apparently, the average tenure of a PL manager is just over 2 years (2.36.. currently). That is four, maybe even five transfer windows at best, with just two chances of winning a cup, or rising in the PL to.... (enter your glass ceiling number here). The point is, all this talk of replacing RK, and wishing the return of Roberto or Moyes, is not just premature, it's grossly immature.
Keep your heads on, people. We all knew this was not going to be an instant fix, especially after the disappointingly soggy firework that was the summer transfer window. Just accept this season is going to be rough. Support your team, put up a fight and stop looking for some mythical managerial genius to come in and solve everything overnight. Remember, not too long ago, people on here were having wet dreams about Mourinho being our manager. Called him, "the best in the world" etc. Take a look at the league table and,( post massive transfer business), see where he ranks right now.
Nothing wrong with offering criticism to our club/manager/players, they all need a massive kick in the glutus maximus. Just be realistic. Yes, right now, they all stink, but hold off with the knee jerking calls of sacking, replacing and especially the crazy "going back to the way things were". As I shout at the players every game, "Move forward!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back