Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally not going to happen, I know.

But just wondering what everyone's opinion of Koeman would be if we somehow managed to beat Arsenal and Liverpool, or pick up 4 points from 6.
This entire forum would be joyous. 3 points tonight is one thing but a derby day win going into Christmas Day and then the best footballing day of the year. It'd be wonderful.

But just wondering what everyone's opinion of Koeman would be if we somehow managed to beat Arsenal and Liverpool, or pick up 4 points from 6.

I just want to see his plan mate, see some nuggets of his intended system, style etc

It's his first season which, as long as it is disastrous, is a freebie.

Look at Pep, still playing his system despite knowing he doesn't have all the right pieces yet.
Klopp last year.
Poch the year before.
Jose this year.
Conte this year.

All have come in to their clubs and played their way, some being more successful than others. It gives fans faith that eventually, when recruitment is gradually implemented, we will have a 'Koeman team' and one which will excite us / bring us points.

The problem is, we have no identifiable about us at the moment, that's the worst of it.

Can't speak for everyone obviously, but I would have thought it would make people very happy indeed.

It makes me laugh when people say football fans are fickle. There's nothing fickle about praising someone who gets it right and complaining about someone who gets it wrong, it's perfectly reasonable. At the moment it seems to me that Koeman is failing at his job - we play awful football and rarely win, so i'm not very happy with him. If I could see what he was trying to do in the long run but it just wasn't quite happening then I'd cut him a lot more slack, but I'm struggling to see any positives at the moment so he's not on my christmas card list. If he starts producing the results he gets paid for then my opinion of him will change. If he wins us a trophy i'll love him forever and name my first-born RonKo in honour of him. I've got no agenda to push, I just want Everton to win as many games as possible.

Last edited:

Can't speak for everyone obviously, but I would have thought it would make people very happy indeed.

It makes me laugh when people say football fans are fickle. There's nothing fickle about praising someone who gets it right and complaining about someone who gets it wrong, it's perfectly reasonable. At the moment it seems to me that Koeman is failing at his job - we play awful football and rarely win, so i'm not very happy with him. If I could see what he was trying to do in the long run but it just wasn't quite happening then I'd cut him a lot more slack, but I'm struggling to see any positives at the moment so he's not on my christmas card list. If he starts producing the results he gets paid for then my opinion of him will change. If he wins us a trophy i'll love him forever and name my first-born RonKo in honour of him. I've got no agenda to push, I just want Everton to win as many games as possible.

Marvellous post, Lanolin ;)

This entire forum would be joyous. 3 points tonight is one thing but a derby day win going into Christmas Day and then the best footballing day of the year. It'd be wonderful.

ernie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back