Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with the Barkley dropping I don't understand is that we hardly have an adequate replacement.

Best player vs West Ham, arguably vs Swansea. One quiet game in a poor team performance vs Southampton and he is out for Cleverly/McCarthy both of who stunk the place out.

If you don't trust him in midfield then play him as part of the front three - much more of a goal threat than anyone bar Lukaku.

I reckon whomever wrote that article merely read through this thread and compiled his report from our posts.

Not one word written there, nor any critique within it, has not appeared on GOT first.

We should sue for copyright infringement :mad:

I was thinking the same thing. Imagine that an amalgamation of GOT viewpoints combined effectively to create a Daily Mail article. Shame on us all

Both Koeman and Moshiri agreed it would be three years before realistically his plans/their ambitions would bare fruit - the progression being improvement in squad/league position year 1, continued squad improvement/EL qualification year 2, viable contenders for CL qualification year 3.

Clearly if he is nowhere near targets by the end of year 2, then there should be a question mark over his suitability for a third year in the project.

I've heard nothing that suggests any different to date.
I can't believe that Moshiri would expect us to be in a position to be viable contenders for the CL in just 3 years with the quality of the teams currently fighting for those spots! More like 5 to 7 years to get to those exalted positions AND make a decent fist of it @The Esk .

The thing with the Barkley dropping I don't understand is that we hardly have an adequate replacement.

Best player vs West Ham, arguably vs Swansea. One quiet game in a poor team performance vs Southampton and he is out for Cleverly/McCarthy both of who stunk the place out.

If you don't trust him in midfield then play him as part of the front three - much more of a goal threat than anyone bar Lukaku.

Yep

Clear indication hes not "right" for his tactics

“They got three goals and if you analyse them it’s not about football. The first is a long ball from the centre-back, a fight, a header, second ball, cross and goal. That’s difficult for us, that type of football. I understood the coach of Watford thought his team played like Barcelona on Saturday but I totally disagree. If you analyse the game, in my opinion, that’s why we struggle..”
Not quite sure I buy that Watford were playing route one football and that is why we struggled.

But even if it is true we are about to face the polar opposite style of play in Arsenal, guess we will soon find out whether we struggle with that type of football or not.

I'm of the opinion that dropping Barkley at the moment is part of mentally coaching him. I think Koeman is sending a clear message to Barkley about the work required to be at the top of the game. Koeman even referenced a similar period of time he went through as a footballer. Sure, he could play in the mean time and improve the team but I think we're doing without in the short run for hopefully a greater gain in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back