Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so that I am clear on where we are with Koeman,
Is he still a downgrade and Martinez and should be sacked immediately and hang the millions it would cost to do so.

OR

Is he now again possibly the greatest manager around and we are lucky to have him...until Barca come calling at least.

I find it hard to keep up.

For some chips and mayo, he'd be whatever you want him to be.

I'm told.

He proved me and a few others wrong last night by getting the team to triple their efforts.

Not a fan of him saying this is a result that;s got a place in history or how ever he saif it, a league win against Arsenal isn't that much to remember compared to a trophy.

Well Walter Smith got one and a week later one against Chelsea, can Ronald do back to back big home wins? lets hope so

If as the Esk states there was a clear the air meeting it looks to have been times at the right moment, but also crucially it has had an affect.

Maybe mate, but for the first 25 minutes last night we weren't actually that great, sat deep, giving the ball away, Lukaku isolated again. For me the game seemed to turn after a couple of direct runs from Lennon that got the crowd on their feet, followed by a couple of full blooded tackles (think it was Barkley) it was like someone had just flicked a switch and the ground erupted (no better sight, a night game and our fans going Loco) IMO the players reacted to that.

Last edited:
Maybe mate, but for the first 25 minutes last night we weren't actually that great, sat deep, giving the ball away, Lukaku isolated again. For me the game seemed to turn after a couple of direct runs from Lennon that got the crowd on their feet, followed by a couple of full blooded tackles (think it was Barkley) and the ground erupted (no better sight, a night game and fans going Loco) the players reacted to that IMO.
I noticed that as well. the crowd was dead again it was a run from lennon which got everyone up and like a switch, the crowd started roaring.

the funny thing is, how can the home fans not see this correlation? They boo the team and say nothing and we play crap and they get nehind the team and we beat arsenal.

not saying blame the fans, but we have found out first hand what the fans can offer the players.

IMG_0158.webp

I noticed that as well. the crowd was dead again it was a run from lennon which got everyone up and like a switch, the crowd started roaring.

the funny thing is, how can the home fans not see this correlation? They boo the team and say nothing and we play crap and they get nehind the team and we beat arsenal.

not saying blame the fans, but we have found out first hand what the fans can offer the players.
More than anything I think the slow start was down to anxiety and fear. When things are going against you then everything that can go wrong will go wrong( Murphys law).
The tackle from Williams on Gueye was just sheer determination where good judgement took a back seat for a second.

In many many ways it was the perfect scenario, another slow start, another bad goal conceded. But, this time the team fought their way out of a bad corner and the boost from that will be massive.

I think we can all see the correlation, but we're not cheerleaders.

If I travel 200 miles to go the game, with all the costs involved, I tend to be a bit annoyed when we play like a bunch of kids who've never met eachother before and struggle to a draw with Palace/Swansea etc. If the players show a bit of fight and appetite then i'll roar them on but if they need me to tell them i love them before they can put in a half decent shift they're in the wrong game.

Thanks Ron, thanks for putting shame upon those bedwetting glory hunting freaks that that have infested our great club. it means a lot, it really does.

Maybe mate, but for the first 25 minutes last night we weren't actually that great, sat deep, giving the ball away, Lukaku isolated again. For me the game seemed to turn after a couple of direct runs from Lennon that got the crowd on their feet, followed by a couple of full blooded tackles (think it was Barkley) it was like someone had just flicked a switch and the ground erupted (no better sight, a night game and our fans going Loco) IMO the players reacted to that.

There was a clear the air meeting on Sunday. It hasn't just come from the Esk :)

But yeh, we needed to go behind to lose that 'fear'. Once it happened, and McCarthy and Valencia and Gueye started pressing, like you said it was just a flick of the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back