Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't dismissing that there was a meeting mate, just thought it was more about a few incidents in the game that got the crowd going, and then the players seemed to react to the crowd.

Indeed, Lou.

Whatever was said at the meeting, no one noticed any difference in that first twenty minutes :)

I like to think the crowd, the players and the manager had a collective light bulb moment sometime around 20.10 GMT because from then on we were in a different place.

And I shall remain in this frame of mind until it is demonstrated to me that it was a false dawn.

But I don't think it was ;)

Indeed, Lou.

Whatever was said at the meeting, no one noticed any difference in that first twenty minutes :)

I like to think the crowd, the players and the manager had a collective light bulb moment sometime around 20.10 GMT because from then on we were in a different place.

And I shall remain in this frame of mind until it is demonstrated to me that it was a false dawn.

But I don't think it was ;)

Good thing is mate is we haven't got long to wait for the next big test to see if it was a one off performance.

Last night has made me a bit more confident going into the Derby though.

The crowd played a big part, but it works both ways. There's nothing like a couple of hard tackles to get the Goodison roar up and running. We were down a goal, and that first 20mins, though not good, but a lot better than in recent games, needed a spark. Then came the tackles, the determination shown by the players. The crowd sensed it, and from there on, the place was on fire.
What we need now is some way to get that fire burning at the kick-off. We have yet to come out with all guns blazing this season. Going a goal down should not be the catalyst. Other teams can do it - have done it against us! We do not yet possess a squad of international super-stars, but last night proved what a bit of passion and determined grit can do. We should be shell-shocking teams. Taking them on face to face, direct and uncompromising. That should become our style, because with it, we can beat anyone.

Some really sad people on here.

Indeed.

It is very distasteful that the first instincts of some on here was not to take to an internet message board and revel in a great Everton occasion with like minded souls but to take to the forum and try to goad them as hold a different opinion to themselves.

Too much time on their hands, some of these fellows :)

But here's the rub.....that victory last night was achieved on the back of changes in attitude, tactics and personnel that boys like @davek @BlueToff @Lanolin @Zatara @Mikey_Fitzgerald your good self and others have been crying out for :)

Some whom support Ronald, some whom are not so keen. But all having the same desire....to see Everton do well.

We are all singing from the same hymn book.....it's just some boys or girls are singing in a different key.

But every last one of us shouted themselves hoarse last night, whether we were at the game or watching on a screen :dance:

The crowd played a big part, but it works both ways. There's nothing like a couple of hard tackles to get the Goodison roar up and running. We were down a goal, and that first 20mins, though not good, but a lot better than in recent games, needed a spark. Then came the tackles, the determination shown by the players. The crowd sensed it, and from there on, the place was on fire.
What we need now is some way to get that fire burning at the kick-off. We have yet to come out with all guns blazing this season. Going a goal down should not be the catalyst. Other teams can do it - have done it against us! We do not yet possess a squad of international super-stars, but last night proved what a bit of passion and determined grit can do. We should be shell-shocking teams. Taking them on face to face, direct and uncompromising. That should become our style, because with it, we can beat anyone.
Start with Mirallas, he's usually pumped for the derby. Get him to crunch Horrendouson in the first minute and start a fight, then sub him.

a91e0d1a637ba5a2f023871d99f3b5f3.jpg

Good thing is mate is we haven't got long to wait for the next big test to see if it was a one off performance.

Last night has made me a bit more confident going into the Derby though.

This is it, Lou.

There could be no better game coming down the pike than the derby ;)

And I was confident we won't be beaten in the derby anyway......now I am confident we will win :dance:

There was for me the moment in the first half that showed the players cared and were prepared to fight for the cause. Barkley lost the ball and immediately threw in a tackle, followed by either McCarthy or Gueye then followed by either McCarthy or Gueye throwing in another, three very aggressive tackles on the bounce. The crowd was lifted and that in turn lifted the players. That sequence of tackles was the inspiration that was needed to get at Arsenal and knock them off their stride. If that was Koeman's doing - playing a pressing aggressive game - then well done and more of the same on Monday.
100% was the moment that changed the game, the opposition have never played against such a hostile crowd as when Goodison gets aggressive after our boys go flying in. That's why Psycho Pat and Peter Reid were so loved. Seeing Barkley munch someone in that tackle spurred the others on.

is it just me or does anyone else think we werent that bad in the first 20 mins? I thought we started ok and looked fairly solid and Arsenal didn't really have any decent chances until the goal.

Its almost as though because Steve Mcmanaman said we were playing [Poor language removed] everyone jumped on the bandwagon

I agree that on around 35 minutes we upped a gear and started closing down faster but before that we werent exactly awful, weve certainly played worse.

is it just me or does anyone else think we werent that bad in the first 20 mins? I thought we started ok and looked fairly solid and Arsenal didn't really have any decent chances until the goal.

Its almost as though because Steve Mcmanaman said we were playing [Poor language removed] everyone jumped on the bandwagon
Nah we started ok but we have this inexplicable habit of dropping deeper and deeper inviting pressure on to us. It had happened when they scored and was happening a few more times throughout the match only for J-Mc and Gana to drag us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back