Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it just me or does anyone else think we werent that bad in the first 20 mins? I thought we started ok and looked fairly solid and Arsenal didn't really have any decent chances until the goal.

Its almost as though because Steve Mcmanaman said we were playing [Poor language removed] everyone jumped on the bandwagon

I agree that on around 35 minutes we upped a gear and started closing down faster but before that we werent exactly awful, weve certainly played worse.

We started very similar to the way we played against United which against a better team like,arsenal wasn't gonna be enough mate.

This is it, Lou.

There could be no better game coming down the pike than the derby ;)

And I was confident we won't be beaten in the derby anyway......now I am confident we will win :dance:

In terms of the team having a light bulb moment and continuing this,way onwards, the Derby on a Monday night at goodison is the perfect game to follow that. It's a game the crowd will be up for and that should transmits to the players and give us another effort like that, back to back games and hopefully wins of that magnitude should see us carry that level on from that point forward.

Would personally have dreaded the next game being against the likes of stoke, Burnley away etc, or any early kick off at goodison or away.

Funny how looking at the season this run of games we dreaded and now could be the catalyst for the entire Koeman style of play finally getting through into the team.

In terms of the team having a light bulb moment and continuing this,way onwards, the Derby on a Monday night at goodison is the perfect game to follow that. It's a game the crowd will be up for and that should transmits to the players and give us another effort like that, back to back games and hopefully wins of that magnitude should see us carry that level on from that point forward.

Would personally have dreaded the next game being against the likes of stoke, Burnley away etc, or any early kick off at goodison or away.

Funny how looking at the season this run of games we dreaded and now could be the catalyst for the entire Koeman style of play finally getting through into the team.

Been thinking similar mate. Scared of getting too ahead of ourselves, but we might just reflect back on that passage of runs and tackles that galvanised the crowd, and the team, and seemingly Koeman as well, as a sort of Touchstone moment, in a year or so.

Monday will either build on that, or not. My feeling is, we will.

Been thinking similar mate. Scared of getting too ahead of ourselves, but we might just reflect back on that passage of runs and tackles that galvanised the crowd, and the team, and seemingly Koeman as well, as a sort of Touchstone moment, in a year or so.

So the martinez theory of the fans making the players play rubbish has finally been proved to be rubbish

I posted just before the match that i had a feeling we'd finally get a response against arsenal mate, dunno why, just had the feeling it had reached a crisis point where they did or we'd implode this season, neverunderestimate how much players enjoy that feeling of winning with the crowd being it's angriest best (which goodison soudned last night) come Monday the talk between them will be about getting that feeling back early doors and if we do the rs won't know how to handle it, neither will that fat headed German when he realises that just a couple of hard tackles and effort is enough to get our crowd up for it without the need for pathethic waiving and extolling of the manger to them or trying to shame them into it with various press comments.

Those tackles could ultimately turn into Koemans 'Kevin Brock' moment of fortune

That was exactly what I was (warily) alluding to. Lets see. Way too soon yet.

Thing for me mate, is they have as a team showed they can actually do it now, not what we feared which is they where incapable of it, now once that cat is out the bag it isn't possible for them to go hiding now, as we can reference this game as what we can do. Hope to god that the crowd realise exactly how mcuh they can influence and push this team on - now its down to the team to give them that spark to start it all off.

is it just me or does anyone else think we werent that bad in the first 20 mins? I thought we started ok and looked fairly solid and Arsenal didn't really have any decent chances until the goal.

Its almost as though because Steve Mcmanaman said we were playing [Poor language removed] everyone jumped on the bandwagon

I agree that on around 35 minutes we upped a gear and started closing down faster but before that we werent exactly awful, weve certainly played worse.

Nothing to do with comments by Mcmanamanamamanamanaman... We weren't awful, but we were heading on course to be. We looked genuinely afraid and submissive in the first 20mins or so. It was only a matter of time before we would concede. Was not surprised when we did. The goal could have either crippled us, or spurred us on. Fortunately, it did the latter. It's like, going a goal down released the safety valve and then it was a matter of "what have we got to lose" mentality - we became fearless predators. However, before all that, we were lambs.

Thing for me mate, is they have as a team showed they can actually do it now, not what we feared which is they where incapable of it, now once that cat is out the bag it isn't possible for them to go hiding now, as we can reference this game as what we can do. Hope to god that the crowd realise exactly how mcuh they can influence and push this team on - now its down to the team to give them that spark to start it all off.

As has the manager.

No hiding places now. A few decent ins, a few outs, come January, might be a pretty ace New Year......round off a pretty decent 2016 for all things Roydo wise.

Hopefully, Koeman will be replaying the video of this during his team talks from now on.

I complain a lot about everton when they disappoint me, we rode our luck yesterday sometimes but we got the win required to show the players what is capable and what the fans want and expect. Time to kick on, every match should be like they are playing arsenal, when players form dip or injuries occur the next replacement steps in following the same pattern, give it your all, loved Williams reaction to scoring and running around like a conqueror, he gets it and so do the others now hopefully. I think Koeman understands now a bit clearer now and how good everton can make you feel when fans and team link together. coyb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back