Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as people like having a go at Koeman for his dire football and it isn't great, I have a tough time seeing exactly how you can set up these players to create and score regularly short of leaving things wide open in defense. There is so little quality in wide areas and in the attacking midfield positions

I agree.

But I have to say with the current form record he's approaching being on very thin ice. Whether it's his fault or not.

I'm not convinced by him at all. But I'll give him a bit more time to actually show me his team. Which this isn't.

I agree.

But I have to say with the current form record he's approaching being on very thin ice. Whether it's his fault or not.

I'm not convinced by him at all. But I'll give him a bit more time to actually show me his team. Which this isn't.
He needs to make some strides toward making it his team this window. Especially in the creative areas or I agree he's going to be very short on time

I agree.

Will he get 'his' team though?
Steve Walsh is DoF and is in charge of transfers.
Walshy splashed 30M on bolasie LOL, 10M on Williams LOL and wanted to chuck 25-30M on Sissoko.
Worrying times I reckon iijy.
Walsh is a scout and nothing more, I think DoF is too much for him and so do many Leicester fans I've chatted 2

Will he get 'his' team though?
Steve Walsh is DoF and is in charge of transfers.
Walshy splashed 30M on bolasie LOL, 10M on Williams LOL and wanted to chuck 25-30M on Sissoko.
Worrying times.

Mate Walsh and him will obviously be talking to each other. It's not just Walsh going on a bender buying people he likes without speaking to Koeman.

Mate Walsh and him will obviously be talking to each other. It's not just Walsh going on a bender buying people he likes without speaking to Koeman.
Normally managers describe the player they want and then the DoF goes and finds them. Clubs work different with DoFs though. I just think Steve Walsh as DoF is a bit stupid. He's a scout not a DoF.

He needs to make some strides toward making it his team this window. Especially in the creative areas or I agree he's going to be very short on time
Could very well be facing the same problem as during the summer window. Will be very difficult to convince the better range of players to join us. We desperately need to bring some real quality and creativity in. Just not sure it will happen though.

Not saying Koeman is completely blameless for our current form an results and tbh, I expected him to make a bigger difference. There's however only so much you can do with that very weak squad of players that's desperately low on quality.

Could very well be facing the same problem as during the summer window. Will be very difficult to convince the better range of players to join us. We desperately need to bring some real quality and creativity in. Just not sure it will happen though.

Not saying Koeman is completely blameless for our current form an results and tbh, I expected him to make a bigger difference. There's however only so much you can do with that very weak squad of players that's desperately low on quality.
The tactics last night were fine in the first half. The second half was mostly a Barry related lack of ability to press. Athough it was not the most forward thinking there was enough forward play to score if we could have found a moment of quality in the first 45 minutes. If we can find some creative players with any consistency I think Koeman will do fine

I've debated having a go at Koeman but the truth is we need to give him one full season to get "his" team together. I am truly frustrated by much of his team choice but will give him a chance.

The tactics last night were fine in the first half. The second half was mostly a Barry related lack of ability to press. Athough it was not the most forward thinking there was enough forward play to score if we could have found a moment of quality in the first 45 minutes. If we can find some creative players with any consistency I think Koeman will do fine
The mcCarthy injury was definitely the big turning point. Barry doesn't have the legs anymore for this sort of game. As I said, there's only so much you can do with the squad at his disposal. It's all down to the success in the upcoming transferwindow I guess. Absolutely convinced on Koeman's managing/coaching abilities. Imo every manager would face the same problems with this squad as he does.

I want to know why he thought it was ok to come out in the 2nd half and settle for a draw. Why put a dinosaur in Gareth Barry in midfield when Tom Davies should have been in the match day squad, we needed energy and pace and Barry doesn't have any of these attributes. His hand was forced with the subs but it's a game too big for the young guy Lewin.
This form at the minute is terrible, bordering on relegation material.

The mcCarthy injury was definitely the big turning point. Barry doesn't have the legs anymore for this sort of game. As I said, there's only so much you can do with the squad at his disposal. It's all down to the success in the upcoming transferwindow I guess. Absolutely convinced on Koeman's managing/coaching abilities. Imo every manager would face the same problems with this squad as he does.
The window will be interesting because so far only Depay and Dzagoev are really attackers and the Dzagoev has played a deeper role lately. Hard to be totally convinced by Depay at this point

The window will be interesting because so far only Depay and Dzagoev are really attackers and the Dzagoev has played a deeper role lately. Hard to be totally convinced by Depay at this point
Not doubting Depay's abilities as a player at all. The lad's a special player, but far from convinced he has the right mentality to ever fulfill the potential he clearly has. That's why I'm hoping that if we go for him it will be on an initial loan with option to buy. If not, I'd rather we swerve him altogether tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back