Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far worse football than even I "The Koeman Hater" ever imagined.

Absolutely stupid substitutions today...

Holgate and Kenny on the bench so puts on a centre forward for his 2nd sub appearance and plays him in a defensive right midfield / right back hybrid role....kid had no idea what he was doing.

No fan of mirallas but he is a derby performer.

ANYONE WHO THINKS THE FIRST 30 MINUTES WAS WINNING FOOTBALL JUST lol lol lol

Running around alot with no gameplan is not winning football.

Gareth Barry new contract WTF ?????????

WHERE WAS DAVIES ??????

Koeman needs sacking....absolute cowardice today

lollollollol

When people were crying for Valencia to play to just be in and around Lukaku Koeman was criticized when Mirallas / Deulofeu played. He brings the young lad on to add a similar forward play as well as a height advantage and he still gets stick. We lost coz we didn't keep the ball, stopped pressing so much and sat too deep, not because Calvert -Lewin came on.

I get where you're coming from but the final sub really didn't help. I think there's always an off chance Mirallas might find some form from yesteryear. The young lad looked totally overawed by the occasion.

Koeman or Walsh need to pull a few rabbits out of there hats in January there is definitely a growing dislike for the present management that will only get worse if we don't strengthen in January

Did you give him stick for bringing the lad on last week?

Did you expect us to go toe to toe with them in a passing game competition?

Get a grip

This.

It was a weird sub, but it didn't lose us the game.

What lost us the game was McCarthy going off, and without that energy we just camped on the edge of the box.

I love Barry, and I could see the sense in the new deal, but god his lack of legs cost us dearly last night.

This.

It was a weird sub, but it didn't lose us the game.

What lost us the game was McCarthy going off, and without that energy we just camped on the edge of the box.

I love Barry, and I could see the sense in the new deal, but god his lack of legs cost us dearly last night.

Could you explain it to me mate? Because I seriously don't see any logic in it at all.

The DCL sub didnt make any sense at all for me, baffling doesnt even begin to describe it.

Valencia still had something left in the tank, Lukaku was beyond done, personally I would have taken Lukaku off, but hey ho, not quite sure anything could have helped, we lost the game in the first 2minutes of the 2nd half and at no point did we have any chance of getting it back.

When we win it's irrelevant, but that football and a horror run is just tragic. Koemoyes is right unfortunately. Turn it around after January or go.

It's not though Tim - not even to Koeman.

We beat Arsenal because we played like we did in the first half against Liverpool.

We pressed and hassled, but the fact remains that we scored two goals from crosses into the box.

Barkley, Valencia, Lennon, Lukaku - none of them had the skill/gumption last night to make the most of our good start, and we soon reverted to type after McCarthy's injury.

Good to have around as a mentor to younger players. Also good to bring on when winning a game to slow the tempo down and calm us.

Sadly they aren't good enough reasons. For me anyway. Slowing the tempo is not ever really a problem for us as we are the slowest team in the league every single game!

I got in the ground at 7.30 last night, ive honestly never been that early to a ground in my entire life, anyway, what I observed was the players doing the most intensive warm up ive seen, not sure if they do that every game, but they warmed up at full speed for a good 20minutes, all this time Klopp stood on the halfway line only watching us, it was very strange.

Some of the players looked done at the end of it.

Let's be honest, if there is just ONE player you put your money on showing up during a derby, it's Mirallas. You can say he has been underwhelming (he really has been) all you like, he would have been a much much better option than the young lad. Just a completely baffling decision.

Like all those over times he has shown up in a derby?

The Suarez one was not him showing up by the way.

I agree he would be a better option than Calvert Lewin though solely due to the fact that he put him into midfield.

Could you explain it to me mate? Because I seriously don't see any logic in it at all.

Well it's a year - not two/three.

I always think it's good to have a Premier League winner and a vastly experienced player in the squad, and in games where we have more of the ball he is great for us (heck, even last night with that pass to Rom - he showed how good he still is).

The issue is his legs have gone so against the top sides, he's next to useless, if they play with pace down the middle.

But to bring on for half-an-hour at the end of a game would be ideal if we needed somebody to set the tempo.

Our issue with our current midfield is all the central players we have can do a few things, but none of them are really the complete package. I'm not talking Viera or whatever, but like McCarthy has a passing range of five yards, but can run. Barry is the only player we have who sets the tempo, but can't run. Gana is the only player who will keep going all day, but can't shoot. Barkley is, well, I don't know what's up with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back