Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought his subs were spot on. We actually wrapped the game up when he brought the attacking subs on! Mirallas through ball with Valencia in the middle occupying a defender. Don't think there can be criticism of his subs for this game really.

Obviously there's still a chance of it being the classic Moyes season - great between the two derbies and garbage either side - but as things stand I couldn't be happier with Koeman.

@jinkyali @4737carlin

I thought bringing on both Kev and Valencia on when we were both winning was pointless as the game was become stretched. Nothing wrong with shutting up shop at 1-0. I'd have swapped Lookman for Holgate, then eventually Davies for McCarthy and just killed it off then and there.

Gibson was completely gassed in midfield for them. There were also resorting to stretching the game and hitting the forward line asap. It made complete sense to take a midfielder off for us as Gana and Schnides had that area of the pitch completely covered.

Realistically the only viable options we had were adding to the back of front line. The problem with adding to the back would mean that we would lose ball possession more quickly after we won it back.

Having an extra forward on for us at that point almost guaranteed us another goal. Then add Mirallas' on top of that. I called us scoring another to win the game as soon as he made the sub.

It was pragmatic thinking from Koeman above all else.

@jinkyali @4737carlin

I thought bringing on both Kev and Valencia on when we were both winning was pointless as the game was become stretched. Nothing wrong with shutting up shop at 1-0. I'd have swapped Lookman for Holgate, then eventually Davies for McCarthy and just killed it off then and there.

Shutting up shop at 1 nil home against the team in bottom place.

This is not Wimbledon, it's Everton.

@jinkyali @4737carlin

The difference between 6th and 7th could come down to GD. So in that respect it makes a difference that the score wasn't added to.

Then again, it is only the difference between 6th and 7th so I can see why it wouldn't tempt someone too much.

With respect you don't shut up shop at one nil unless it's dying seconds anyway.

Nah.

We should have shut up shop after taking the lead versus Bournemouth as well :mad:

Who wants to see our team kick on and score loads of goals?

One nil.....to the Everton

:pint2:

Nah.

We should have shut up shop after taking the lead versus Bournemouth as well :mad:

Who wants to see our team kick on and score loads of goals?

:pint2:

We should have shut up shop second half in that game. Don't know about you but that absolute clown fiesta of a second half nearly gave me a heart attack.

Always fun to look back on won games in hindsight but then I point you towards the Bournemouth game last season as an example of what can happen.

The difference between 6th and 7th could come down to GD. So in that respect it makes a difference that the score wasn't added to.

Then again, it is only the difference between 6th and 7th so I can see why it wouldn't tempt someone too much.
In what world do you shut up shop at one nil with twenty five to go?!

Anyway Dave aren't you the one who years for attacking football ?

We should have shut up shop second half in that game. Don't know about you but that absolute clown fiesta of a second half nearly gave me a heart attack.

Always fun to look back on won games in hindsight but then I point you towards the Bournemouth game last season as an example of what can happen.

Jeepers but you are a right arl drybread lol

3-0 up at half time the last thing fans want is to "shut up shop" in the second half.

Jeepers but you are a right arl drybread lol

3-0 up at half time the last thing fans want is to "shut up shop" in the second half.

You could see straight away that the game had flipped and we needed to play safer.

I don't really care how boring I sound re: pragmatism but I prefer results over goal fest performances. Maybe I watch too much Italian football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back