Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
His uncharacteristic lack of pragmatism in the Sunderland game with his subs worried me a little but overall I'm very pleased with the season so far despite our horror patch. Tough few games ahead though that if we struggle in West Brom could leapfrog us *gulp*.

His uncharacteristic lack of pragmatism in the Sunderland game with his subs worried me a little but overall I'm very pleased with the season so far despite our horror patch. Tough few games ahead though that if we struggle in West Brom could leapfrog us *gulp*.

Eh??!
Valencia for Davies to get more pace up top is pragmatic .

McCarthy on for Ross to cement the win is pragmatic.

I think his subs were spot on! West Brom will be a much harder game so he is going to have to think a lot more about that one, but a win is vital

@jinkyali @4737carlin

I thought bringing on both Kev and Valencia on when we were both winning was pointless as the game was become stretched. Nothing wrong with shutting up shop at 1-0. I'd have swapped Lookman for Holgate, then eventually Davies for McCarthy and just killed it off then and there.
Mate, if we are going to shut up shop at home against the bottom team then we are going nowhere as a mindset for me.

@jinkyali @4737carlin

I thought bringing on both Kev and Valencia on when we were both winning was pointless as the game was become stretched. Nothing wrong with shutting up shop at 1-0. I'd have swapped Lookman for Holgate, then eventually Davies for McCarthy and just killed it off then and there.
I don't understand these tactics and don't get me wrong, plenty do this. Moyes a prime example who would have done exactly as you've described.

But more often than not that results in the team sitting deep and inviting pressure, and on occasions conceding as a result.

I lost count of the times we conceded late goals under Moyes by "shutting up shop".

I don't understand these tactics and don't get me wrong, plenty do this. Moyes a prime example who would have done exactly as you've described.

But more often than not that results in the team sitting deep and inviting pressure, and on occasions conceding as a result.

I lost count of the times we conceded late goals under Moyes by "shutting up shop".

Yeh I'm not saying it's fool-proof just on Saturday when we brought those two on I felt we were less protected in the middle and I was worried we were gonna concede for the first time in the game. Maybe I'm just boring but I've got too many horror memories of us bringing on attackers unnecessarily and us losing.

It's a results business who gives a crap if we shut up shop against Sunderland or Accrington. I wonder if Defoe's goal had gone in and Lukaku didn't score to see what you lot would have said about the subs.
I'll never critise a manager that attacks against a rubbish team at home mate.

Yeh I'm not saying it's fool-proof just on Saturday when we brought those two on I felt we were less protected in the middle and I was worried we were gonna concede for the first time in the game. Maybe I'm just boring but I've got too many horror memories of us bringing on attackers unnecessarily and us losing.

They had one shot on target all game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back