Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 'endured' it because he'd already by that stage demonstrated he could get us a season performance that could take us to the CL. That was hard evidence (unlike the flimsy nonsense about Koeman you now hang your hopes on). And we were were doing well in the cups in those last two seasons and it looked like we could break our 20 odd year wait for a trophy. It was very rational to keep faith. Once the players were lost he had to go. That is my position...which you cant accept because you're not prepared to see anything nuanced in your black and white world.

Must be rubbish there. You have my sympathies.
2014/15 : FA Cup, lost West Ham third round
League Cup, lost Swansea third round
Europa Cup, lost round of 16.
Doing well ?

fair enough, but can i ask why you think that?

Yes you can mate.................

Not to go off track but Maradona played at a time when defenders could do anything to stop skilful players he was cruelly butchered by the Bilbao player but he flourished in this era and was clearly the best player in the world. His exploits with Napoli were testament to his ability to drag a team from nothing to stardom.

You put Maradona in today's game with the protection that Messi gets and you would see a player that would take your breath away!

Yes you can mate.................

Not to go off track but Maradona played at a time when defenders could do anything to stop skilful players he was cruelly butchered by the Bilbao player but he flourished in this era and was clearly the best player in the world. His exploits with Napoli were testament to his ability to drag a team from nothing to stardom.

You put Maradona in today's game with the protection that Messi gets and you would see a player that would take your breath away!
Fair enough. Maradona was slightly before my time so I was interested to hear your point of view on it. It is true that Messi does get more protection than Diego would have done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back