Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez is a fluke why don't just accept it? 21 wins in 75 matches. Non-defendable. Please stop giving an answer which is not relating to the orginial question.

Not a fluke, just should not be allowed near club football again, tournament football is about his pitch, all the hard work of fitness and form is done by the clubs, he would have to have a strong number two by his side, then there is the issue of stubbornness or ego.
Actually, I don't care about him he is an irrelevance, my bath pap has now passed and I can put the tablet down and sink back into the water...:)

It's not a broad statement. It's an evaluation of how we play right now and how it shapes up against top teams who can also match our effort. They'll always win that duel because they have energy and good players all over the park and that's why they are going to the CL next season.

Take it for what it is.
So we don't have good players all over the park?

No mate. You (again) failed to read the actual posts being made. I asked you where I'd stated that no other team is reliant on one striker than Everton?

The 'no one comes close' stuff is in relation to OUR team: no one in our team comes close to being as important for us in terms of scoring - ie, we dont have a number of 7/8/9 goal per season scorers other clubs have in their ranks.

*sigh*
You only have to look at the RS to illustrate your point. They are amongst the highest scorers in the league without having a recognised centre forward as such (don't count Sturridge as he's barely played). Mane, firmino, coutinho, lallana and even origi will all net double figures for them. Whereas bar lukaku we barely have anyone near double figures.

Another solid display and a pretty routine win. First half we played some cracking football at times and should have been more than 1 up before the break imo. Second half they had a go but I always felt we had a gear in reserve and they only created one real chance in 90 minutes.

Anyone who doesn't think we've made massive progress this season needs to give their head a wobble.

Anyone who doesn't think we've not made massive progress this season needs to give their head a wobble.

images

Reading back through the last few pages and the talk of Lukaku as our only option. While yes, he has scored a lot of our goals, in tight games we have had others to step up, Coleman at one point (not sure if he still is) was the highest scoring defender.

However, I think it may go in our favour that we are making him the focal point of the attack. Strikers are confidence players and Rom being the main man will improve him and make him feel loved, and hopefully factor in his decision to stay.

On another note his 'improved form this season' doesnt seem related to him becoming a markedly improved player in terms of ability, but he is definitely much fitter, which is due to Koemans impact. He can carry his strength and place longer into games and is feeling the rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back