Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Kane has scored 60 of Spurs last 173 goals.

That is nearly 35%.

Your statement that we are the only team to rely so much on a striker (Rom has 25% of our goals) is absolute garbage and yet again facts prove you wrong.

Where did I state that?

Thanks in advance.

It's a much harder league now though, there's no longer the monopoly of Chelsea, man u, arsenal and rs. Anyone can beat anyone and the quality of players in the league is much higher. Leicester did it last year playing basic football with a couple of quality players mixed in, granted they had a season where literally everything went their way but they proved anyone can mix it with the sky four, though I doubt we will see anything like last season for a long time.

No reason we can't break into the top four if we keep building the way we are, small steps at a time. I think even you would have to acknowledge Bobby Brown shoes had us in a real state at the back, koeman has come in and done what we needed in 6 months of being here and sured us up at the back while also adding some real quality to the team with gana and schneids. He's also changed the system which does play to our players strengths now, we went through a patch of playing hoofball but that has changed and we have a definite system and style of play now. Lukaku picked the ball up on the half way line and scored yesterday, been a while since we seen that, a goal from someone driving into the box from midfield. Again been a while.

You need to relax a bit and give Koeman to Xmas. The players all speak highly of him so what's the issue and we are moving in the right direction so what's the issue?
I can see all that mate and I've said so here since the end of the game. That seems to get lost in all the blood and snot flying about because people just don't want to listen.

However, I restate the case that nothing whatsoever has been achieved. Nothing. We are a hard working (sometimes frenetic) team that has shut out daft errors. Couple that with Lukaku's form and we have got to 7th place.

You implore me to be positive, but I'd implore you and others to not over egg the pudding here. We are a decent outfit and no more than that. And, by the way, the real hard work will be next season if Likaku leaves and/or that place in the EL goes to Everton.

Harry Kane has scored 60 of Spurs last 173 goals.

That is nearly 35%.

Your statement that we are the only team to rely so much on a striker (Rom has 25% of our goals) is absolute garbage and yet again facts prove you wrong.

Diego Costa has 26% of Chelsea's goals in the league since he joined.
Alexis Sanchez has 24% of Arsenal's goals in the league since he joined.

DaveK yet again beaten by facts.

He does.

Approx 43%

As does Troy Deeney.

30%.

So we're saying that Koeman is failing to get the best out of a top striker. No wonder there's all this talk of him wanting to leave.

Lol.

I can see all that mate and I've said so here since the end of the game. That seems to get lost in all the blood and snot flying about because people just don't want to listen.

However, I restate the case that nothing whatsoever has been achieved. Nothing. We are a hard working (sometimes frenetic) team that has shut out daft errors. Couple that with Lukaku's form and we have got to 7th place.

You implore me to be positive, but I'd implore you and others to not over egg the pudding here. We are a decent outfit and no more than that. And, by the way, the real hard work will be next season if Likaku leaves and/or that place in the EL goes to Everton.

Watch a match mate, thanks in advance xxx

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

MOTD earlier saying we are a dynamic team. Maybe that's a way of putting it, but there are times when that energy expenditure becomes frenetic and wasteful. It was enough to get on top of good teams like City who are easily ruffled out of their cultured stride, but against a team like Chelsea who can match energy and keep it disciplined rather than frenetic we took a bad defeat.

Spurs IMO are in that mould. They will not be shaken by a huge surge of energy coming at them and they have a lot of quality to punish sloppy play. That game next week will need to see a different approach by Koeman to get anything at WHL. If we play the way we played today we'll get our arses handed to his.

MOTD earlier saying we are a dynamic team. Maybe that's a way of putting it, but there are times when that energy expenditure becomes frenetic and wasteful. It was enough to get on top of good teams like City who are easily ruffled out of their cultured stride, but against a team like Chelsea who can match energy and keep it disciplined rather than frenetic we took a bad defeat.

Spurs IMO are in that mould. They will not be shaken by a huge surge of energy coming at them and they have a lot of quality to punish sloppy play. That game next week will need to see a different approach by Koeman to get anything at WHL. If we play the way we played today we'll get our arses handed to his.
To a certain extent I agree with you. Tottenham are a great side and the side that gave us most problems last season. How's, I think I defensive midfield is set up to negate their play. Tough game next week but we're well placed to beat them.

Fair enough. Either way we will know where we are at this point in time within the next month. I still think koeman needs time and patience, Ill admit i lost it with him when he had us playing hoofball for four weeks but credit to him for changing the system and the players. We are definitely moving forward and you're right in saying we've achieved nothing but there are signs of progress and the most important bit for me is he's getting more out of the players and players like Barkley look like they are actually progressing. Big tests are coming before the end of the season but so far so good imo.

Ha Davek was out looking for blood around christmas time.Only for Koeman to turn things around in spectacular fashion in 2017.We have yet to suffer a defeat in the league since that derby match before christmas when we were unlucky not to get the draw.The defence has improved and Koeman so far is getting the results.Were actually only 6 points off a champions league place albeit Arsenal do have a game in hand.At this stage last season even 7th place looked like a pipe dream.Im absolutely delighted with the job Koeman is doing so far and so are the vast majority of Everton fans.

We have indeed been on a great run, but one thing I would say though is that the fixtures in the main have been pretty kind post Christmas.

Much bigger test of our improvement to come in the next few weeks.

Ha Davek was out looking for blood around christmas time.Only for Koeman to turn things around in spectacular fashion in 2017.We have yet to suffer a defeat in the league since that derby match before christmas when we were unlucky not to get the draw.The defence has improved and Koeman so far is getting the results.Were actually only 6 points off a champions league place albeit Arsenal do have a game in hand.At this stage last season even 7th place looked like a pipe dream.Im absolutely delighted with the job Koeman is doing so far and so are the vast majority of Everton fans.
he was looking for blood the second we lost to Norwich. He'd barely posted prior to that when we'd won 4 of our opening 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back