Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We;ve had two different approaches in two three and a half month periods. The hoofball period followed by a period when the ball was played through the midfield a lot more. I think it's fair to point that out and to ask what the real Koeman style will be.

Koeman stated he hasnt told the players to hoof it, he was quite angry that they did that, that had ZERO to do with Koeman, that was certain players doing what came natural to them.

But ok, he got Morgan in, who doesnt even know what the word hoof means.

I told you from day 1, Koemans style is hard pressing, direct football, not direct in hoof, direct in speed, get the ball, move it forward, run with the ball at pace, press from the front.

It was always going to take time for Koemans tactics to filter through, now, the players know whats expected and we are currently seeing the fruits of that with regards our current unbeaten run.

Koeman stated he hasnt told the players to hoof it, he was quite angry that they did that, that had ZERO to do with Koeman, that was certain players doing what came natural to them.

But ok, he got Morgan in, who doesnt even know what the word hoof means.

I told you from day 1, Koemans style is hard pressing, direct football, not direct in hoof, direct in speed, get the ball, move it forward, run with the ball at pace, press from the front.

It was always going to take time for Koemans tactics to filter through, now, the players know whats expected and we are currently seeing the fruits of that with regards our current unbeaten run.
Lol.

Did you ever watch Southampton last season? I mean just ONE game?

I watched that S'ton performance against United in the final and thought: "FFS, why cant we play like that?". His style is vastly superior to Koeman's when he was there.

The feller has been shorn of VVD and Fonte. He's playing with a new CB pairing.

Yeah, ok. Spurs wont qualify for the CL and they were rubbish last season.

Mighty big words for a supporter of Ronald and our 7th place trophy winners.

Yeah mate, i'd love to have seen us play gloriously whilst losing, most everton fans given the choice would rather lose whilst playing attractive than winning.

Love the analysis of Saints though based on one game, rather than looking at times they have been absolutely dreadful this season - far far worse than under Koeman (who also had to deal with losing key players btw)

Never said spurs where rubbish last season mate - i said that the entire league was rubbish last season (including us - who where dreadful wouldnt you agree?) - SPurs actually finished with 2 points less than they did with Villas Boad last season btw - as i know you seem to put more store on points than league placing.

As for Spurs finishing in the top 4 this season, i honestly don't know if they will or not mate, they have a decent chance, equally they could finish out of it, YOU are the one who has assumed they are finishing top 4 and thus callling them CL regulars - in a trophy as of now they have qualified once in 6 years for and twice in the clubs history

Why are you all talking about Southampton last season? Alls I see so far this season is mainly positive performances and a clear improvement in league placing. The players are commenting in the media how impressed they are with the manager and his mentality. We've been winning games that we previously would have caved in and getting wins when not playing well. I'd take that all day in a managers first season. A solid start from Koeman.

I watched that S'ton performance against United in the final and thought: "FFS, why cant we play like that?". His style is vastly superior to Koeman's when he was there.

The feller has been shorn of VVD and Fonte. He's playing with a new CB pairing.

Yeah, ok. Spurs wont qualify for the CL and they were rubbish last season.

Mighty big words for a supporter of Ronald and our 7th place trophy winners.
As opposed to Roberto and our 11th place trophy winners?

I dont understand his reaction to the questions on Barcelona. They're the type of straight bat responses you'd expect from someone who is really being chased by them.

Either that or the deference he was showing Barcelona was a bit nauseating. "I wont take questions about my beloved Barcelona" was possibly the tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back