Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont. I can see that in the past few weeks - and as a result of the Bolaise injury and Koeman finally playing to the technical strengths of the players he inherited - the playing style has changed from the very predictable long ball out to the flanks to something more bearable to watch. The interesting question for me is whether with Bolaise back and any additions he makes this summer the style reverts more to his second season at Southampton (which was the way he set up at Feyenoord) and there is more of an emphasis on getting a lot of balls into the box for a big bustling forward. I suppose Lukaku coming or going might influence that decision too.

...that's fair enough, Dave. Not sure if you watched any of the stuff from 'Sky Day', but of interest to me was a chat with Ferguson about the training routines. He said we do "possession sessions and when that's not possible we go direct". I don't see that as necessarily long ball. There was a moment we broke against Sunderland and four or 5 literally bombed from our box directly towards theirs. I wonder if we might see more of this if the game opens up in front.

200w.gif

...that's fair enough, Dave. Not sure if you watched any of the stuff from 'Sky Day', but of interest to me was a chat with Ferguson about the training routines. He said we do "possession sessions and when that's not possible we go direct". I don't see that as necessarily long ball. There was a moment we broke against Sunderland and four or 5 literally bombed from our box directly towards theirs. I wonder if we might see more of this if the game opens up in front.
Six mate, including Baines who looked back over his shoulder to check he could still go. Admittedly only against Sunderland but even so it showed a new energy and belief. I admit to still,needing to be won over by Koeman but I would always say credit where it is due....there are many really good signs in this team so well done Koeman from me. It is not all about long ball which I feared might be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back