Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Encouraged? No. I'll be encouraged when we're in the top four...none of this "Top 6" BS.

We're 7th and our season ended in early January. The players he's bought are a mixture of good and baffling. The results since before Christmas are welcome, as has been the performances in parts...a massive improvement on the muck served up from September to December. The worry is that we are still very imbalanced. We have nothing apart from Lukaku as a goal threat, and he's player he inherited and one we could still lose this summer...ditto Barkley.

To be fair you keep banging on 5th dude.

If moving up those 4 places is so easily done, how come we finished 11th in consecutive seasons?

I just fail to see how you can defend the previous manager for finishing 11th consecutively, but Koeman somehow has to be a miracle worker in his first season here.

I think you're being overly harsh, I also think you could be missing out on enjoying the current feel-good mood around the club through pure spite.
Nothing has happened mate. We won't get higher than 7th, we won't be winning anything.

I've already said that we've got some order back in the organisation. That has to be the base to make a statement on next season. Top 5 minimum and a long cup run required next season. If not, wtf is here getting £6m per year for?

Why had it better get significantly better? We are back where we've always been after the utter tripe of the last two seasons. Fair play to Koeman for dispelling the worst football I'd seen from Everton in 35 years in such a short period
No, we aren't back there really are we? We've been top 5/6 in half the seasons in the last decade.

And dispelling the worst football seen in 35 years? Lol. That Everton team were known for playing great attacking football, it was the defence that let us down. If you want to talk about atrocious football go back and look at the games this feller Koeman has served up here most of the season - utter muck, worse than even the slop dullard Moyes served up most of the time.

No, we aren't back there really are we? We've been top 5/6 in half the seasons in the last decade.

And dispelling the worst football seen in 35 years? Lol. That Everton team were known for playing great attacking football, it was the defence that let us down. If you want to talk about atrocious football go back and look at the games this feller Koeman has served up here most of the season - utter muck, worse than even the slop dullard Moyes served up most of the time.
That Everton team of the previous 2 seasons was known to play utter gash, predictable, sideways football that posed a threat occasionally (at best) and was terrible at defending.

One season a miracle doesn't make. See Leicester for more on that.

That Everton team of the previous 2 seasons was known to play utter gash, predictable, sideways football that posed a threat occasionally (at best) and was terrible at defending.

One season a miracle doesn't make. See Leicester for more on that.
No mate. Just no, and lets leave it at that.

No mate. Just no, and lets leave it at that.
Except yes Dave, just yes.

We all saw it, everyone agrees, you're the only one that lives in denial because of the 72 points trophy we got in the season before that.

It doesn't excuse our manager for any current/future shortcomings and bad decisions, but what I'm saying is right - we were absolutely dogpoo for the past 2 seasons.

Decent job he's doing so far, if unspectacular. After the summer window we couldn't really ask for any more.

If we can put any pressure on whoever's in 6th place before season's end I'll call this a good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back