Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, the sad thing is that Gibson didn't work out.

By far the best football player among that list IMO :(
Agree about Gibson, very much a wasted talent, it's a great shame really. I believe Besic will succeed here though, he's a very good player , far superior to McCarthy who is a decent player nonetheless. Barry will continue to contribute for another season albeit less frequently.

Dont you worry yourself about 72 points. You wont be seeing it under Koeman.
Aren't you one bit encouraged by the progress we have made thus far under Koeman?

I'm genuinely enjoying watching Everton play again and have a real optimism for the future.

He has his faults, as does every manager, but he does look like he can adapt when he makes mistakes.

I'm looking forward to the Derby/Man Utd away games to see how he approaches them after he got it so wrong against Spurs.

Everything goes through him at Swansea though. That wouldn't be the case here.

I don't think he is rubbish or anything don't get me wrong I just think we could maybe aim a bit higher and if he did come here people may end up being slightly disappointed. There is a reason he is still at Swansea.

It's good to see that loyalty though tbf, and if we snatched him up, he'd show that loyalty to us too. He's pretty much the perfect player for what we need imo, his set pieces are utterly faultless, we would become very dangerous from set plays, he's also intelligent and would link up with lukaku well and he can also score goals from nothing. He is definitely the best player in that bottom half of the league imo, better than van dijk.

Koemans the manager we need in terms of giving us a good crack at the top 4/6 but also having us competitive in the cups. Obviously this season it was disappointing but the league was always going to be a priority in terms of getting back to 7th and being the "best of the rest" and qualifying for Europe to keep our best players before hopefully announcing a new stadium and spend some cash on some good players in the summer.

The season is over for me but I'm very excited for next season which I never said the previous 2 seasons under RM.

Aren't you one bit encouraged by the progress we have made thus far under Koeman?

I'm genuinely enjoying watching Everton play again and have a real optimism for the future.

He has his faults, as does every manager, but he does look like he can adapt when he makes mistakes.

I'm looking forward to the Derby/Man Utd away games to see how he approaches them after he got it so wrong against Spurs.
Encouraged? No. I'll be encouraged when we're in the top four...none of this "Top 6" BS.

We're 7th and our season ended in early January. The players he's bought are a mixture of good and baffling. The results since before Christmas are welcome, as has been the performances in parts...a massive improvement on the muck served up from September to December. The worry is that we are still very imbalanced. We have nothing apart from Lukaku as a goal threat, and he's player he inherited and one we could still lose this summer...ditto Barkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back