Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigurdsson:

This season 8 goals and 10 assists.
Last season 11 goals and 3 assists.
Season before that 7 goals and 10 assists.

Mirallas had stats like that for the 2013/14 season and it made the difference for us - 9 goals and 7 assists.

If we had that on a regular basis we could do some damage in this league.

Everything goes through him at Swansea though. That wouldn't be the case here.

I don't think he is rubbish or anything don't get me wrong I just think we could maybe aim a bit higher and if he did come here people may end up being slightly disappointed. There is a reason he is still at Swansea.

Why keep the argument going then if you don't care what anyone else says, ok he's a CM who can also play as a holding mid

1. I wasn't being totally serious...
2. When did I argue? i asked you who the 5 were, you responded and I responded back saying I wouldnt class Davies as a defensive mid.

That's how discussion works isn't it? No need to be narky.

Sigurdsson:

This season 8 goals and 10 assists.
Last season 11 goals and 3 assists.
Season before that 7 goals and 10 assists.

Mirallas had stats like that for the 2013/14 season and it made the difference for us - 9 goals and 7 assists.

If we had that on a regular basis we could do some damage in this league.

His numbers are fantastic. Lets be honest they are stats well in advance of Barkley's as well as Mirallas's. He's a natural number 10 and plays the position currently being occupied by Lookman very well. He also works hard and is a team player. His performance at Anfield was fantastic.

My two issues with him. 1) How many of his stats are massaged by set plays? 2) What with his age, could better value be found elsewhere.

That being said, for me he'd be a top signing. The consistency above is fantastic. Look at how Liverpool rave over Coutinho, Lallana or Firmino (and compare their numbers). As you've said, us with Mirallas, Deulofeu or Barkley. He's not a world beater (i.e Sanchez, Hazard Level) but looks a consistent a reliable player.

His numbers are fantastic. Lets be honest they are stats well in advance of Barkley's as well as Mirallas's. He's a natural number 10 and plays the position currently being occupied by Lookman very well. He also works hard and is a team player. His performance at Anfield was fantastic.

My two issues with him. 1) How many of his stats are massaged by set plays? 2) What with his age, could better value be found elsewhere.

That being said, for me he'd be a top signing. The consistency above is fantastic. Look at how Liverpool rave over Coutinho, Lallana or Firmino (and compare their numbers). As you've said, us with Mirallas, Deulofeu or Barkley. He's not a world beater (i.e Sanchez, Hazard Level) but looks a consistent a reliable player.
I spent some time going over his stats & certainly his goals were heavily laden with pens had very similar open play goals to Barkley.

He also had less than half the amount of touches barkely did however as you say I don't see him being a replacement rather he would take lookman/mirallas place & a pen or free kick is still a goal.

He isn't a playmaker but he certainly is an end product player. I could see it working & he is an achievable target.

Ultimately I'd really like a player sigurdson but someone who is a bit more involved in the play etc however doubt Monaco would sell us Bernardo silva plus & its unlikely he would come anyway.

If we are targetting Rooney siggurdson Keane the left back from Fulham, Pickford & possibly Gibson or van dijk fingers crossed then they are all achievable targets with perhaps the exception of van dijk let's get them all early along with getting out the deadwood & get off to a flier

He won't be competing with anyone on set plays so his stats will be the same. In fact better as he'll be playing with better players and have a striker that will convert the chances he'll create.
It'd be a great signing considering nobody has a clue how much our budget really is. He improves the first team, simple as.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back