Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he would improve us though. I think Barkley is a better allround player these days and I don't see how you could play them both in the same side.

I said he was a good player btw mate, I just don't think he's any better than what we've got, and if we want to move forwards he's not what we need, plus he's 28 in the summer

Agree with you on this one buddy! Who above us in the league would want to go and get him? No one i reckon
When we went and got Schneiderlin you could argue he would easily get into arsenal, city & liverpools team.

Agree with you on this one buddy! Who above us in the league would want to go and get him? No one i reckon
When we went and got Schneiderlin you could argue he would easily get into arsenal, city & liverpools team.
Why didn't they go for him then?

And if he could get in their teams then why couldn't he get in the team of the club in 6th place?

He's a decent player alright. Only a fool would say otherwise. However there's some OTT estimations of this feller.

But he wouldn't be playing for a top five club he'd be playing for Everton. He would be ideal for Everton and give us many more options.

I doubt we'll see this type at the club anytime soon though. Koeman wants a front three who just pin their ears back and get down the field asap.

Made me chuckle.

jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

My only preference is that we have a player who is creative and a goalscorer to accompany Lukaku when we need to go more offensively. That can be a 442 if we're being serious about going for it, or it can offer us a player out wide as part of a 433 who can shoulder the role of a second striker, or we could play a diamond which quickly shifts from 433 to 442 as and when it's sensible to do so....that should be a piece of piss to a manager who apparently changes formations multiple times in any one game.

Right so we're absolutely nowhere closer to finding out how many central midfield players you ideally would want at Everton whether that be 4 or 6.

lol dave. Gana was signed by Koeman. Davies is a kid who was promoted by Koeman to the first team squad this season.

Gibson, Cleverley, McCarthy, Barry and Besic (who is yet to prove whether he is good enough and been injured for 7/8 months). Yea right this team didn't need new CM and used this argument as a stick to beat Koeman.

Schneiderlin whether you like it or not is an improvement on Barry as a holding midfielder. Don't go back to the 72 points trophy and said Gaz is good enough for the job now.

Ha Ha Ha Ha ha.

WHAT?!?!

You have seen the feller play haven't you?

'kin ell.

I must admit I don't rate him that highly myself.

He is a good goalscorer with a nice set piece on him. I don't think his all round game is that great. I wouldn't mind him at Everton or anything but wouldn't be going all out to get him either.

He is a good goalscorer with a nice set piece on him. I don't think his all round game is that great. I wouldn't mind him at Everton or anything but wouldn't be going all out to get him either.
What he would bring is his set piece expertise and also goals from midfield. Saw the live game against Leicester and he must have taken about 10 corners, all of which were right on the button. There's no doubt he would improve our squad and, at the moment, probably our starting XI too.

My problem is that we don't have a bottomless transfer budget in the summer and, in addition to the set pieces and goals, we also , imo, need somebody with that little bit of guile who can unlock packed defences. If that player isn't available to us, then I'd be happy with Sigurdsson.

Sigurdsson:

This season 8 goals and 10 assists.
Last season 11 goals and 3 assists.
Season before that 7 goals and 10 assists.

Mirallas had stats like that for the 2013/14 season and it made the difference for us - 9 goals and 7 assists.

If we had that on a regular basis we could do some damage in this league.

So ideally for you we'd sell 2 of Barry, McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Gueye, Besic and Davies in the summer then we're sorted for a potential 60 game season in which we switch from 2-3 centre mids?

We have kids like Walsh, Grant and Charsley coming through and EL games and early rounds of the LC/FA Cup would be the place to blood them as long as the ties were easily winnable against lower league opposition/a 'dead rubber' in Europe.

We're not Real Madrid mate. Four CM with two who tend to hold and two who can press forward is as good as we can get it whilst strengthening elsewhere.

Here's my question to you: how do we keep 6 CMs plus those up and coming youngsters in that position all satisfied? It seems, if last Sunday is anything to go by, we do that by playing most of them!

As said before: it's a numb nuts transfer policy and he's painted himself into a corner with it in terms of this particular position. He needs to prune drastically and start filling our priority positions rather than indulging himself.

We have kids like Walsh, Grant and Charsley coming through and EL games and early rounds of the LC/FA Cup would be the place to blood them as long as the ties were easily winnable against lower league opposition/a 'dead rubber' in Europe.

We're not Real Madrid mate. Four CM with two who tend to hold and two who can press forward is as good as we can get it whilst strengthening elsewhere.

Here's my question to you: how do we keep 6 CMs plus those up and coming youngsters in that position all satisfied? It seems, if last Sunday is anything to go by, we do that by playing most of them!

As said before: it's a numb nuts transfer policy and he's painted himself into a corner with it in terms of this particular position. He needs to prune drastically and start filling our priority positions rather than indulging himself.
If we are playing on a Thursday and again on a Sunday I do believe we need 6 midfielders. There will be injuries, suspensions and lack of form to be catered for. Besic is mentioned as a midfielder and he hasn't kicked a ball since last August.

Dave , you are the person who repeats the NSNO motto quite a bit on here.
If, and this seems to be the objective, that we are fighting for a tour four position next season or the one after that then we need guaranteed quality in the team and in the squad in general.

Walsh , Charsley and other home grown players are going to find it more difficult to get into the team, we will need more quality players and the unfortunate outcome is that fewer and fewer academy players will make the team. Unfortunate, but I think realistic or at least that has been the practice at clubs that have habitually played CL football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back