Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said to drop Barkley I was asking what you'd do if he signed. Sigurdsson, Rom, Ross up top? 2 central midfielders?

Sounds good, but you're acting like January just gone was the last ever transfer window. We might sign him in the summer and have Gueye/Morgan behind them. Would love that team myself.
No.

You can have your belt and braces Centre midfield trio and Barkley playing just ahead of that with Sigurdsson doing what he does best: drifting in from wide to link up with an out and out attacker.

Yeah good points. I just feel we found a formation that seemed to really suit us in the 3-5-2, and we've changed to accomodate the central players. Personal preference on my part maybe, but either way it's good to see the manager trying different things.

It'll be interesting to see how we set up to break down WBA tomorrow.

I think Barry will go, Davies dope back and Kev goes up with Ross behind Rom.

West Brom will give us possession and look to hit us on the counter, so they'll sit deep. If they do pay attention to Morgs, watch how deep he goes to collect the ball to get the game moving forward

Selection dilemma's aren't a bad thing. The amount of competition we have in central areas is fantastic. The aim should be to build that level of competition in all areas of the pitch, not moan about our strongest area.
They're a problem when they begin to affect selection and tactics.

They're a problem when they begin to affect selection and tactics.
We played that team against Spurs to stop us getting overrun. If we'd played open like we did against Chelsea the result would probably have been the same.

As people have said, McCarthy will leave, Barry will take a back seat, Besic will leave if we can get him fit enough to sell him. Then we will be left with Gueye, Schneiderlin and Davies for the 2 positions.

No.

You can have your belt and braces Centre midfield trio and Barkley playing just ahead of that with Sigurdsson doing what he does best: drifting in from wide to link up with an out and out attacker.

Okay so then in your desired Everton formation we will need 3 starting central midfielders, correct? And with you saying earlier you want 2 for every position this means we'd need 6 in the squad, correct?

How many do we currently have?

Okay so then in your desired Everton formation we will need 3 starting central midfielders, correct? And with you saying earlier you want 2 for every position this means we'd need 6 in the squad, correct?

How many do we currently have?
No, it's not my preferred formation, it's yours. I'm merely stating that you can have a couple of CMs in there (three if you're creative) and still play Barkley and Siggurdson.

He was blown out of Spurs and plays for Swansea. I didn't notice a queue of suitors scrambling for his signature in the last window

He's a good footballer but which of the top 5 sides would he get into?

#ambition

But he wouldn't be playing for a top five club he'd be playing for Everton. He would be ideal for Everton and give us many more options.

I doubt we'll see this type at the club anytime soon though. Koeman wants a front three who just pin their ears back and get down the field asap.

He was blown out of Spurs and plays for Swansea. I didn't notice a queue of suitors scrambling for his signature in the last window

He's a good footballer but which of the top 5 sides would he get into?

#ambition

Come on FLHD, Siggy is a good player and would definitely improve us

I'd personally prefer Mata, but it's not like anyone making the Siggy shout is way off the mark here

Status
Not open for further replies.