Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm singling out nobody mate.

I'm calling out all the davek haters.

Mate, just take this in for a second.

You are a grown man on an internet forum, trying to defend the honour of a guy who spends 75% of his adult life trying to argue and making quirky statements about the Everton manager due to his man crush on the failed former manager.

Do you think your life has possibly lost its sense of purpose a touch?

Mate, just take this in for a second.

You are a grown man on an internet forum, trying to defend the honour of a guy who spends 75% of his adult life trying to argue and making quirky statements about the Everton manager due to his man crush on the failed former manager.

Do you think your life has possibly lost its sense of purpose a touch?
lollollol Brilliant!

This is all a bit silly, we won't get 72 points.

The 72 point trophy is gone this season lads.

Let's all just be happy that we are back on the right track again after 2 seasons of absolute, inane and backwards dross and look forward to the future under our tactically aware and well established manager.

Drove past Bramley Moore Dock on Friday, these are very exciting times for Evertonians, the future is very bright.

That's a nonsense story about McCarthy.

He's playing games with O'Neill and Keane over McCarthy, obviously carrying on the feud he has with them from earlier in the season. There will be no injury to McCarthy.
Where are you going with this mate?

You know full well that the Republic will call him up whatever we say about his fitness levels. They always do and will check his fitness themselves. They also have track record of playing both McCarthy and Coleman (and Gibson for that matter) in Internationals, after they have been injured for us, and they often come back injured again. Plus McCarthy is proud to play for his adopted country and would want to play if he was fit. So it's completely out of Koeman's hands.

When I used to bother taking any account of the rankings players were given for matches in newspapers ( yes, real paper ones, I am that old ), it was generally acknowledged that a score of 6 or 7 was given to a player who'd basically, to a greater or lesser extent, done what was expected of them.

A five meant a player was poor, four meant they were p. poor, eight meant they'd done really well and nine was exceptional.

At this point in the season I'd give Koeman a seven. He's basically on the high side of what I'd expected, but hasn't yet, pulled any trees up.

That's the stumbling block mate, as a lot have said (and may be right) Koeman see's us as a stepping stone, but if a big club does come in for him, then it means he's done a boss job for us.
If he gets us CL or challenges for the title why does he need to leave? That's what I'm hoping anyway. The board need to match the ambitions of him and our top players, that is the only way we will keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back