Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold up play...retain possession. Slate Kone all you want, but he's the best we have at hold up play.

I want us to score more goals, we're comfortable at the back and no reason to hold back against team like stoke.
It's time to ditch the Martinez fear of unable to hold onto lead.

I want us to score more goals, we're comfortable at the back and no reason to hold back against team like stoke.

I think you're missing the point.

Under Martinez, we never pragmatically tried to hold a lead, so that's why we never did.

Under Koeman, he adapts according to the game. The ball was coming back too quickly at us, so a counter attack with Deulofeu wouldn't have fixed the issue. Kone did.

Winning is everything. Koeman did what was needed to win.

But we did hold onto the lead in the last three games and it will get easier to manage games

I think you're missing the point.

Under Martinez, we never pragmatically tried to hold a lead, so that's why we never did.

Under Koeman, he adapts according to the game. The ball was coming back too quickly at us, so a counter attack with Deulofeu wouldn't have fixed the issue. Kone did.

Winning is everything. Koeman did what was needed to win.

We were rarely threaten in goal even though the ball kept coming back, we just kept winning the ball back and launching counter Attack with ease. We were comfortable in control and scoring another goal seems more likely than conceding one.

We didn't have a system which helps us hold onto a lead before that is completely overhaul. A little adventure up front is not too much to ask for.

We were rarely threaten in goal even though the ball kept coming back, we just kept winning the ball back and launching counter Attack with ease. We were comfortable in control and scoring another goal seems more likely than conceding one.

We didn't have a system which helps us hold onto a lead before that is completely overhaul. A little adventure up front is not too much to ask for.
We had 21 shots lad

I think you were watching a different game to me, we could (and should) have won by at least 2 more. We were a threat throughout

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2016/08/koeman-still-work-done-stoke-win/

Koeman: Still work to be done after Stoke win

Everton manager Ronald Koeman says there is still more work to be done as he takes his side into the international break unbeaten.

His side beat Stoke at Goodison Park this afternoon 1-0, but Koeman says the side need to improve on their ability to kill off games and not feel nervous at the end of the game defending a 1-0 lead.

“Overall I think the three points are deserved,” said the boss.

“More ball possession, more shots on target, while Stoke had zero.

“At the end at 1-0 it’s always difficult because we had to defend all the time, but we had opportunities to kill the game in the second half but we didn’t.

“That’s always difficult but I think the workrate, the belief and the spirit of the players was fantastic.

“I can understand why maybe Mark Hughes will be angry.

“If every referee gives a penalty for this kind of situation then you can accept it, but one referee yes and another no, and that sometimes makes it very difficult to understand.

“It’s always difficult to come to a new club, you need to change a little bit. Maybe the players need to change in the way we like to work, but they’re doing the best and doing everything to improve.

“It’s not the end, it’s a good start to the season but we need to improve more in several aspects; how we press, h0w we kill the game and how we improve in the box.”

When asked about transfer business, Koeman said he was hopeful that he would bring more new players into Everton, adding, “If we don’t sign anybody before Wednesday then I’ll be disappointed.”

I think you were watching a different game to me, we could (and should) have won by at least 2 more. We were a threat throughout

What I mean is, we're comfortable at the back, controlling the game. Should have brought Del on and finish them off comfortably if we rely on his pace. Our threat were slightly off with kone slowing down the counter Attack.

Best start by a Everton manager since Joe Royle

First 3 games

Royle 9 points
Koeman 7 points
Moyes 6 points
Martinez 3 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back