Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry with the sidelining of Deulofeu that guile is out of fashion and power is in.

I can admire power and pace, but i dont necessarily want it to be the stamp of any Everton team.

A team packed out with lumbering oafs is not my dreamteam.

Agree on the benching of Deulofeu but if Koeman believes he can get this squad being arl arses and bullying teams, I'm all for it. We've played our best stuff so far at pace - the Mirallas goal vs WBA, Lennon Goal vs Yeovil in particular. When we reach the dog days of December/January, I believe we should have enough magic to win game.

It all comes down to the speed we play at.

We're not exactly Stoke or West Brom here.

Agree. At southampton he had a mix with creative players like tadic and mane who cost them not even 30mil together yet we're spending it at players like Bolasie and sissoko who're 30mil each.

Thats why i thought he will bring in Ziyech like he did with tadic.

I'd like that blend here and thought - no doubt like you - Koeman would bring it with him.

Seems he's going full throttle with the power game only.

I fear that makes us too one dimensional. We dont want to end up playing like that ugly French team in the Euros.

Agree on the benching of Deulofeu but if Koeman believes he can get this squad being arl arses and bullying teams, I'm all for it. We've played our best stuff so far at pace - the Mirallas goal vs WBA, Lennon Goal vs Yeovil in particular. When we reach the dog days of December/January, I believe we should have enough magic to win game.

It all comes down to the speed we play at.

We're not exactly Stoke or West Brom here.

We might be on our way...

Powerful athletes are better signings than Oumar Niasse and Antolin Alcaraz, Dave.

It's Koeman's system and he's being paid the big money for it. Trust in him.
Again agree. Is has to be a mix because you need power and pace, but the players who really make the difference are the players with good technique, vision and can give a through ball. We don't have that kind of players.

Last edited:

I'd like that blend here and thought - no doubt like you - Koeman would bring it with him.

Seems he's going full throttle with the power game only.

I fear that makes us too one dimensional. We dont want to end up playing like that ugly French team in the Euros.

Yes, Barry is one of the few players who has composure on the ball. The other players we have are rusty. We really need one creative player who let the blind horses up front run.

Yes, Barry is one of the few players who has composure on the ball. The other players we have are rusty. We really need one creative player who let the blind horses up front run.

Not since Arteta have we had anyone in that midfield who can put their foot on it and control a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back