Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

You seriously need to manage your expectations. Koeman has sorted out the mess Martinez left behind and considering those above us, it is about our correct place in the hierarchy. Unless we seriously outspend those above us (or bring in some serious talent on the cheap) you can't be expecting too much of a change - we're years behind the likes of Chelsea and Man City in terms of squad building. Breaking into the top 6 would be the goal for next year - if you're dreaming of top 4 or above, you may need to think again. These things take time.
I'm thinking more along the lines of the terrible away form and the unacceptable early cup exits.

I'm well aware it is going to be very hard to finish above any of the teams currently above us.

However, Koeman has said we will be aiming for CL, so I'm sure he will be judging the season on that.

I tell you what all you RK lovers will be slating him next season when we are mid table or worse!
you've always come across as a jovial bloke, but more recently I'm detecting you're a bit cranky . Everything ok?

fwiw, I am on the fence re Koeman. A good first season considering the mess he inherited (particularly as concerns player headspace/mentality, but also to a degree the mish mash personnel [aka deadwood])
Excellent home record, pretty dire away record and egregious Cup performances

Proof of the pudding is in the eating, and the upcoming window and season will lend far greater objective analysis of his managerial wherewithal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back