Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just don't get this early preseason excuse. How come the RS are running round like spring lambs, pressing all over the park for 90 minutes -- and beating top sides as a result? Are we really so undertrained and unfit still as to be looking that laborious in our play? Tonight we were second to nearly every loose ball.

I just don't get this early preseason excuse. How come the RS are running round like spring lambs, pressing all over the park for 90 minutes -- and beating top sides as a result? Are we really so undertrained and unfit still as to be looking that laborious in our play? Tonight we were second to nearly every loose ball.

They have one new signing in the starting XI and far less of their squad were away with tournaments. We're not unfit we just haven't properly integrated yet.

And the Rs will have dropped off by christmas due to being completely tired.

We won which is all that matters.

I'd say Sandro was the weakest of the three but Rooney was very ineffective and continuously made bad decisions on the ball. Sandro should have probably had a partner up top (DCL) to give him some space as Rooney just came deep and clattered with Klassen too often.

think rooney's just trying too hard in these first couple of games, he'll start to relax eventually and his nous will be a great positive for us. We still need that focal point up front and i can't wait for us to get that sorted because rooney was constantly dropping deep to get the ball and sandro was doing it all half in that genk game. It's purely because they know nobody is up there to make the ball stick.

let's just see how running around full pelt like headless chickens will benefit the RS when they're blowing out of their arses come january with still another 20 or so games left of their season. It'll come eventually, we've made massive changes and sometimes when you play against such sides like these slovaks, you can get dragged down to their level at times, it happens. I've seen a lot of shocking results in europe already so i'm just glad we're grinding the wins out tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back