Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get this early preseason excuse. How come the RS are running round like spring lambs, pressing all over the park for 90 minutes -- and beating top sides as a result? Are we really so undertrained and unfit still as to be looking that laborious in our play? Tonight we were second to nearly every loose ball.

Maybe their players are better and fitter than ours?

My biggest concern right now is the fact we haven't replaced Lukaku. I really hope Koeman isn't naive enough to think Rooney is capable of doing that.

At this moment in time I think goals are going to be really hard to come by for us. I don't think we've got the creativity or the goalscorers in the team to break the likes of Stoke down too many times. First few weeks of the season are going to need the defence absolutely at it.

My biggest concern right now is the fact we haven't replaced Lukaku. I really hope Koeman isn't naive enough to think Rooney is capable of doing that.

At this moment in time I think goals are going to be really hard to come by for us. I don't think we've got the creativity or the goalscorers in the team to break the likes of Stoke down too many times. First few weeks of the season are going to need the defence absolutely at it.

Replacing Rom is not the direction IMO. We were so one dimensional with him. Giroud would be the dream 'replacement' for me. He'd bring so much more to the team.

I just don't get this early preseason excuse. How come the RS are running round like spring lambs, pressing all over the park for 90 minutes -- and beating top sides as a result? Are we really so undertrained and unfit still as to be looking that laborious in our play? Tonight we were second to nearly every loose ball.
Because the RS are playing like star struck little puppys happy to be on the big stage with the big boys again so they go out if their way to play out of their skin for a glorified kick about against sides who couldn't care less about them. Pathetic really.

Negotiated a tricky tie without needing to get out of 2nd gear.

There were a few 'maybe' moments again, like the move that led to the Rooney chip in the first half, but it's obvious we haven't gelled yet. These extra early games should help with that. Good to see DCL making an impact as a centre forward.

Overall it's acceptable, but there's improvements to be made

he said after the game he still wants another striker, as has been the case all along

Negotiated a tricky tie without needing to get out of 2nd gear.

There were a few 'maybe' moments again, like the move that led to the Rooney chip in the first half, but it's obvious we haven't gelled yet. These extra early games should help with that. Good to see DCL making an impact as a centre forward.

Overall it's acceptable, but there's improvements to be made

this, really.

poor display last night but I thought he actually got his tactics right, the players just couldn't gel.

claimed after the game we still need another striker

Mate, they'll be goosed by December again.

Step aside Ronald, the management savant is here.

I find it odd the sarcasm pointed at anyone who questions Koeman. He is an average manager at best and has spent a lot of money on average players, so I think concern is justified. So far we have spent the Lukaku money and not replaced him, this should be a concern for all supporters of the club.

We need to get a quality striker in place pronto, that side needs a focal point, there's plenty of potential in that side for quality interplay around the box that creates opportunities, but without a quality finisher on the end of it, it all looks a bit insipid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back