Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right result but two utterly miserable performances. Need to step up or we will be savaged come the start of the pl season.
I know it will take time for players to understand each other, but the pl is merciless and they need to start showing.
Clinging on to the fact that better teams won't be as defensive and will leave more space to attack into.

I am not satisfied with the results. We are in different level with Ruzomberok. Overall, we only won 2:0 and did not perform as much as we are.
We have spent 100M this transfer window. I expect that we are much stronger than them but I cant find we are.
And it is not a new problem...even in last season, most of our win match, we did not give a good form of attack and depended on LKK.
I am still quite disappointed with RK...If he still improves in this season, I want him to go...
In my opinion we should have a assessment panel that determines how much better we are than each team before we play them, and offer them a proposed scoreline based on that. My assessment from comments here; factoring in the 100m spend, Rooney's return and Sandro's sexy close control, would have been 10-0 to us over both legs. Truly disappointing.

In my opinion we should have a assessment panel that determines how much better we are than each team before we play them, and offer them a proposed scoreline based on that. My assessment from comments here; factoring in the 100m spend, Rooney's return and Sandro's sexy close control, would have been 10-0 to us over both legs. Truly disappointing.

I think you will find this approx 10 mil if you deduct the Lukaku money

This is true, but ruzemeberok played the 'pulis' game - very disciplined, wall of players in front of goal. They wanted a mistake and to hit on the break. As I say, played the tie.
Disagree really, whilst they played defensive.... our attacking play was atrocious and we could barely find a pass to get forward or we were just being careless with the ball in general

Disagree really, whilst they played defensive.... our attacking play was atrocious and we could barely find a pass to get forward or we were just being careless with the ball in general

For sure, we could have been slicker, but I think there was a definite emphasis on not getting caught out.

I guess I'm thinking back to the Martinez years by comparison, certainly in terms of solidity!

C'mon Koeman, where are the top signing you announced some weeks back?

Right after you sold Lukaku.

Make it happen, the season start next week, and it is a hard program, with Europe and all.

The signs look bad this pre season. We'll see whether he's up to the task or not shortly. He piggy backed onto Lukakus goals last season, hardly an imaginative course of action. Lets see how how resourceful he actually is. I'm not hopeful and I think the knives will be out by Christmas if not sooner.

Is it the "would be beating Sevilla 3-1 if it wasnt for poor referee decisions" that your not liking? Or the havent lost a game this pre-season?

I think it's probably the 'failed to address shortcomings in glaringly weak areas of the squad' , 'the seeming preference of playing rubbish journeymen than talented youngsters' and 'throw it all against a wall and see what sticks' method of selecting an effective attacking unit thats got a few people vexed

I'd say he needs his head examining for not starting Kenny, but with the size of it I'm not sure modern science is up to the task

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back