Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get this early preseason excuse. How come the RS are running round like spring lambs, pressing all over the park for 90 minutes -- and beating top sides as a result? Are we really so undertrained and unfit still as to be looking that laborious in our play? Tonight we were second to nearly every loose ball.
Watch the RS blow up again mid season like last season. Klopp still hasn't realized there is no winter break to recuperate like in Germany. The tempo they are playing now they will be lucky not to blow up before November this time round with the added CL games.

I find it odd the sarcasm pointed at anyone who questions Koeman. He is an average manager at best and has spent a lot of money on average players, so I think concern is justified. So far we have spent the Lukaku money and not replaced him, this should be a concern for all supporters of the club.

Who's being sarcastic?

Think having Davies at centre mid last night alongside Klaassen rather than Gueye or Schneiderlin would have made a big difference - of course that would have left us with a bit of a void at right wing back, but still think a lot of the problems last night were a lack of attacking drive through the middle of the park - that may have compensated for the lack of pace in the team in attacking areas, but there was no thrust anywhere

Early days, but the balance of the team looked off to me - Sigurdsson and (hopefully) Giroud would help, but need to look carefully at the balance of the midfield as well as addressing the lack of pace and energy in attacking areas

Can someone tell me where the creativity is going to come from to score goals (you know putting that round thing between those 2 posts!)

Well he did

The players were quoted as we must improve also. Hear the same nonsense year on year week on week. It never happens. Rather they were just honest

Good idea. Next time the players should say "next week we will try to be better, but likely will still be crap. But stuff you all we are rich."

Koeman played the tie last night. 1-0 up against committed albeit limited opposition with a half fit team. Didn't go hung ho, ensured the team were solid defensively, stayed patient, and did the job. Yes we weren't stellar, but that's European football. It's a marathon not a sprint. We all want a spectacle but surely we all know we won't always get that?
We took abar 15 minutes to even get a shot away though.

Not asking for a spectacle just expect a team of highly paid professionals to be able to move the ball and create chances

Replacing Rom is not the direction IMO. We were so one dimensional with him. Giroud would be the dream 'replacement' for me. He'd bring so much more to the team.
We were one dimensional because the other players didn't chip in enough, and we produced far more when we sacrificed our overly defensive formation to actually put a striker alongside Lu, bringing the best out in the team and him.

It wasn't great going forward but Ruzomberok didn't even get a shot on target. 1-0's are good enough in my book.

It wasn't great going forward but Ruzomberok didn't even get a shot on target. 1-0's are good enough in my book.

I am not satisfied with the results. We are in different level with Ruzomberok. Overall, we only won 2:0 and did not perform as much as we are.
We have spent 100M this transfer window. I expect that we are much stronger than them but I cant find we are.
And it is not a new problem...even in last season, most of our win match, we did not give a good form of attack and depended on LKK.
I am still quite disappointed with RK...If he still improves in this season, I want him to go...

I am not satisfied with the results. We are in different level with Ruzomberok. Overall, we only won 2:0 and did not perform as much as we are.
We have spent 100M this transfer window. I expect that we are much stronger than them but I cant find we are.
And it is not a new problem...even in last season, most of our win match, we did not give a good form of attack and depended on LKK.
I am still quite disappointed with RK...If he still improves in this season, I want him to go...

You not happy with wins and clean sheets? You'd prefer it if we draw or lose and concede goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back