Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it's probably the 'failed to address shortcomings in glaringly weak areas of the squad' , 'the seeming preference of playing rubbish journeymen than talented youngsters' and 'throw it all against a wall and see what sticks' method of selecting an effective attacking unit thats got a few people vexed
I think that A. if anyone thinks Koeman makes the transfers they have already disqualified themselves from discussion, B. If anyone is up in arms over 1 player, Martina, playing 1 game and 2 halves so far in preseason, they have already disqualified themselves from discussion, and C. Its a bit weird and sad to tell a coach NOT to try different formations and players in a preseason where just about none of his 7-8 choices up front have actually played with eachother before. I remember a guy who would stick with the same players and formation before no matter what. His name was Roberto Martinez.

Still more questions than answers from this man - yes the board haven't come up with the goods but whose decision is it to overload the team with central midfielders and not push for a striker to be brought in ahead of the likes of Klassen, Sig and Rooney

Is he too defensive?It's a question I asked myself every away game last year.Now I wonder the same thing with his cautious narrow aproach at times.

Is he too defensive?It's a question I asked myself every away game last year.Now I wonder the same thing with his cautious narrow aproach at times.
It's so weird. Played in some of the most amazing teams in history and he turns in to a manager that likes to whip in crosses to a big lump in the middle and plays with 7 defensive players every match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back