Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joey straight yes or no, you rather than having the Bobby clown or Koeman?
source.gif

He's not quite guilty of being the Dutch Moyes yet...at the moment I'm going with the Scottish Verdict of - Not Proven...for now.
Case adjourned until the end of October.

I think that is a very fair thing to do.

Similar to what I did with Martinez after his bad second season, I thought let's see how he does by the end of October November of his third before we start calling for his head if lessons had not been learnt.

He of course went on to be the biggest charlatan of a so called manager we have had since Mike Walker, so that was a painful experience.

The only difference though here, is that Koeman hasn't really done anything wrong yet, apart from improve us from where we were when he took over. A lot of jumping the gun based on an unbeaten pre-season (which seems a bit bizarre!)

Joey straight yes or no, you rather than having the Bobby clown or Koeman?

I think most would say Koeman, because he'll most likely have us top half looking up, as opposed to bottom half looking down

That being said, neither of them finished Top 4 and neither of them made it to a Cup Final, so neither of them have eclipsed Sgt Major Moyes, much as it will annoy and frustrate some folk to contemplate

I think most would say Koeman, because he'll most likely have us top half looking up, as opposed to bottom half looking down

That being said, neither of them finished Top 4 and neither of them made it to a Cup Final, so neither of them have eclipsed Sgt Major Moyes, much as it will annoy and frustrate some folk to contemplate

Also, neither of them have beaten Liverpool either

At least Moyes contrived to manage that on a few occasions

He took over when we had finished 11th on 47pts and in his first and only season got us 7th on 61pts and back in Europe. Since then we've played two competitive matches and won them both.

It's very good of people to be willing to give him until October before calling for him to be sacked.

I responded to @degsy for giving him time as some have already made their mind up now strangely, which is on the back of an unbeaten pre-season as well, which like I said is very bizarre.

For me he has done nothing wrong and should not even be getting questioned on results.

It is ridiculous to say what can Koeman would do with less fund. First we don't know how many more players we can get before 31 August. He did say we spent about £7m. Secondly, some made it out like the previous regime has similiar budget as Moyes. The answer is no cos Moyes had little net spend while the fraud had £16m net per season. Moyes had done more because he got 4th and reached a cup final not semi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back