Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three competitive games this season.
Three wins
No goals conceded.

Admittedly that run is likely to grind to a halt against either Split or City, but it's not actually a bad start, it just feels poor because the internet demands more than a solid start.
It's like people constantly forget that matches ebb and flow, and expect nothing less than a perfect performance every time we turn out.

So far this season, we've got exactly what we wanted. You can't ask for a better start, especially with so much change over the summer.

Yearh I did but you shoudnt moan when we win.
Look at the match thread in the first half - the first bit of football we played it was a great goal - 2nd half a big improvement - we still need three players RK has stated this - impressed with Rooney, Keen and DCL etc, and our new keeper who looks a bargain when you see how the reds fared ;)

Three competitive games this season.
Three wins
No goals conceded.

Admittedly that run is likely to grind to a halt against either Split or City, but it's not actually a bad start, it just feels poor because the internet demands more than a solid start.

Yep, team still.needs to gel and find the balance and under normal circumstances I'd be quite critical of a manager who has had pre season to sort this out. Reason why he gets a current pass and rightly so is becsuse we are trying to bed in 5 new first team players ( that will be 7 by the end of the window imo ) which is a huge amount of player turnover to contend with.

At least Koeman recognises when he has got the tactics wrong and changes it rather than keeping his fingers crossed and hoping it works.

Talking about the substitution and the lopsided formation that had Dominic Calvert-Lewin out wide from where he crossed for Wayne Rooney’s winner -

“I expected to get the space on that side.

“So instead of playing Tom Davies, Mason Holgate or Cuco, I decided to put a winger there. It wasn’t really good but that’s not because of Dominic. That is my fault.

“Even at 1-0 up I decided to change it after 45 minutes to hopefully make us a little more comfortable with four defenders. The second half was much better. Sometimes it happens like that.”
He is one of those managers that overthinks things every now and again. It happens- at least he can admit when he gets it wrong.

Joe you should know that the match thread is not anything to go by. Doom and gloom in there even when we are winning. We could be winning 4-0 and people would still find someone to slate.
it was the first half square pegs in round holes - the match thread will bare out not just me but many were having a go far more than me - a win is a win DCL played his heart out today reminds me of a young sharpy;)

Weird that Joey, my mate just said Exactly the same thing to me in lulu's!
it was the first half square pegs in round holes - the match thread will bare out not just me but many were having a go far more than me - a win is a win DCL played his heart out today reminds me of a young sharpy;)

Yep, team still.needs to gel and find the balance and under normal circumstances I'd be quite critical of a manager who has had pre season to sort this out. Reason why he gets a current pass and rightly so is becsuse we are trying to bed in 5 new first team players ( that will be 7 by the end of the window imo ) which is a huge amount of player turnover to contend with.

For sure it's not really working at the moment, but if we can pick up some points in the league and get past Split in the Europa while the team start to gel and get two or three players in key areas before September then that'll do me fine at the moment.

Admits honestly when he makes mistakes and is competent enough to rectify them during the game, two things you'd never see from his clown predecessor. Honestly the moaning of some people on here... just a few years ago watching Epeb had become something to dread and even avoid during the last two years of the reign of doom. Give this man at least the same amount of time as that incompetent oaf to judge him.

The performance wasn't great but we got the win.Winning while not playing well is a good habit to develop.It's a bit early for the bed wetting i think.It won't be until around late November that the table will take shape.This is a new team being built and it will take time for it to gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back