Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worrying that we still don't know what formation we are going to play

It's also worrying that we don't have the right players for the right positions. DCL playing a wing back role today is a bad shout. He's a striker! Sign a wing back

You cannot play with one formation all the time. Koemans formations are made to try and gain advantage over the different types of opposition. If we play one formation all the time then clubs will find it easier to nullify. At least Koeman recognises when a formation is not working and will change it. The more formations the team can play the more flexible the team will be and swap and change during the course of a match. Not all of them work as the other team will more than likely be doing the same. Like a game of chess between managers

It's worrying that we still don't know what formation we are going to play

It's also worrying that we don't have the right players for the right positions. DCL playing a wing back role today is a bad shout. He's a striker! Sign a wing back

To echo other comments - you can't play with just one formation if your going to compete, and try and win, all the different competitions we're playing in. If you do your just waiting to get beaten.

He may of admitted to getting it wrong, but his first intention was probably to give players more time to play the 3-5-2. The n assessed there was no pint doing this against Stoke. But he will probably have to against Man City so why not make the decision to find out now more about which players can play to it. Or maybe he'll just abandon this in favour of something else. But he needs to find out.

Moyes had an Ethos...and he wouldn't change it
Martinez had an Ethos...and he wouldn't change it
They all have an Ethos...and they don't change

Koeman has an Ethos and HE won't change it...I don't know exactly what it is, but I don't like what I've seen up to now...In fact it's Shight

How many times is it now that he's had to change his starting line up/formation.
He does, as I've said, have an Ethos...a method, a formation he wants to play, he's got a good proportion of the players in to play this method
yet he still 'ks it up each kick off

Rooney played a blinder in exactly the same role that we're going to pay Swansea 50M for Noggin the 'kin Nog.
We sold Lukaku...like we had a choice, but where is the replacement, is there one lined up now that Giroud looks settled.

He'd better start pulling some rabbits out of hats smartish
Or the Dutch Moyes tag will be true...and the Dutch Martinez and the Dutch anybody else who can't see enough wood from the trees to change his mind when its not working.

There'd be a lot different discussion about tactics, players, positions, formations if Coleman and Bolasie were playing.
I think RK is in a difficult position in this regard. He knows what he's got coming back so does he make do in the mean time.
My prefered formation, player position after xmas would be

Sandro Bolasie
Rooney/?
Sig Davies/Klassen
Gueye
Baines/? ? Keane Coleman

May a bit weak defensively on the left. Maybe Gueye not the best with ball distribution. Still no LB, LCB or CF.
But a helluva team all the same and the basis for a top 4 team.
I'd be breaking the bank for VVD.

Many decisions and much planning ahead. I'd rather have Koeman than most others to make them.

Koeman has an Ethos and HE won't change it...I don't know exactly what it is, but I don't like what I've seen up to now...In fact it's Shight

How many times is it now that he's had to change his starting line up/formation.
He does, as I've said, have an Ethos...a method, a formation he wants to play, he's got a good proportion of the players in to play this method

Rooney played a blinder in exactly the same role that we're going to pay Swansea 50M for Noggin the 'kin Nog.
We sold Lukaku...like we had a choice, but where is the replacement, is there one lined up now that Giroud looks settled.

Or the Dutch Moyes tag will be true...and the Dutch Martinez and the Dutch anybody else who can't see enough wood from the trees to change his mind when its not working.

He changed the entire formation at half time.

The difference with Koeman is he does change it when it's not working (HT yesterday) !!! Moyes/Martinez would not!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back