Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worrying that we still don't know what formation we are going to play

It's also worrying that we don't have the right players for the right positions. DCL playing a wing back role today is a bad shout. He's a striker! Sign a wing back

It's like people constantly forget that matches ebb and flow, and expect nothing less than a perfect performance every time we turn out.

So far this season, we've got exactly what we wanted. You can't ask for a better start, especially with so much change over the summer.

Can't argue with the results and I respect him for admitting he got it wrong initially, but we could have been in big trouble in the first half against a better team than a toothless Stoke. But with the fixtures we have coming up three points was essential and we got it so fair play.

I just posted in another thread that it seems the problem now is that we simply have to many good players! A good and unusual problem to have for us, but it really felt today like Koeman didn't want to leave anyone out and thankfully it didn't effect the result. Whilst I'm not against the signing, I can't work out right now where exactly Sigurdsson fits in and more crucially.. who's place does he take? Perhaps we'll see more rotation once we get into the thick of it with both domestic and european football at the same time.

Can't argue with the results and I respect him for admitting he got it wrong initially, but we could have been in big trouble in the first half against a better team than a toothless Stoke. But with the fixtures we have coming up three points was essential and we got it so fair play.

I just posted in another thread that it seems the problem now is that we simply have to many good players! A good and unusual problem to have for us, but it really felt today like Koeman didn't want to leave anyone out and thankfully it didn't effect the result. Whilst I'm not against the signing, I can't work out right now where exactly Sigurdsson fits in and more crucially.. who's place does he take? Perhaps we'll see more rotation once we get into the thick of it with both domestic and european football at the same time.
yeah stoke were toothless (that may be why that formation was chosen in the first place) but they were difficult to penetrate in the first half, they sat very tight. When things opened up in the second half we did look better. We would look better again with a mobile striker as fat boy Roons has great vision and can pick a pass.

Set up not to lose as he knows we are not there yet and short of 2 players . Result today most important. Some positives but need that cf in and a settled formation. Needs to decide once sig signs what he wants coz no clue at the moment which is a concern.

Was thinking the same. He could rotate with Rooney in the 'No.10' role or alternatively play on the right hand side in a front 3.

It's worrying that we still don't know what formation we are going to play

It's also worrying that we don't have the right players for the right positions. DCL playing a wing back role today is a bad shout. He's a striker! Sign a wing back

It's worrying that we don't know what formation were playing is it?It's all so worrying isn't it?Jog on mate were only after playing our first game in the league.A game we won btw and kept a clean sheet.

NOTHING would make me happier than him being sacked by end of September.

Other than Liverpool being relegated and us winning the league but that typically doesn't happen in September.

He won't be sacked mate, he'll walk away citing broken promises re transfer funds.

Which translates into " I'm too good for this club ".

I really hope he [Poor language removed] that 3-5-2 off, we just don't have the players to make it work. It ends up far too defensive with the personnel we have.

He never really seems to find a nice balance either, we always seem quite disjointed with square pegs in round holes, DCL out wide is really pissing me off, I'm guessing he see's him as his only outlet for a target man but it's been dreadful. He'd be much better starting through the middle if he has to start with Sandro left but what do I know lol

Saw an interesting stat that said last season we were second to Stoke in how long our average pass was and second bottom with the distance traveled in possession of the ball (i.e. players dribbling the ball up the pitch).

However we had one player who was in the top 10 for distance traveled with ball and short passes played - Barkley.

The player Koeman is determined to get in to replace Barkley was right near the other end of the list than Ross for both categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back