Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said he wouldn't change it.
Then admitted he got it wrong and changed it.

I have no idea what you're saying here.
He changed plan A to plan b in 45 minutes.

That's the whole point; how long is it going to take before he gets it right...how many millions more is he going to spunk on 'His' players to fit 'His' System.
He is responsible for the players coming in...and who may yet come in.
He is responsible for the system they play.

If the players he signs can't make his system (whatever the 'k it actually is) work. Whose fault is it? yours? mine? the players? (maybe)...or Him for signing them.

There will have to come a time when 'somebody' will have to say...

'Listen Ron we respect your honesty at the pressers about how it was not right and you had to change it.'
'But you can't keep on expecting to be praised for it, when it was your mistake in the first place'
'How about you get it right in the first place'
'If you can't'
'We will find somebody who can'

The point is to my mind, just how long will you give him to -
a) get all the players he wants in...(and how much will this cost)
b) How long will it take to bed his purpose bought players into his bespoke system.

Short version; Don't get it right in the end, try getting it right at the start...Or 'Koff.

That's the whole point; how long is it going to take before he gets it right...how many millions more is he going to spunk on 'His' players to fit 'His' System.

If the players he signs can't make his system (whatever the 'k it actually is) work. Whose fault is it? yours? mine? the players? (maybe)...or Him for signing them.

'Listen Ron we respect your honesty at the pressers about how it was not right and you had to change it.'
'But you can't keep on expecting to be praised for it, when it was your mistake in the first place'
'If you can't'

b) How long will it take to bed his purpose bought players into his bespoke system.

Short version; Don't get it right in the end, try getting it right at the start...Or 'Koff.
Remind me
Dud we win ?

I think whoever your manager is there's going to be some decisions they make you find baffling. The main thing is to judge them on their results over a period of time and keep in mind that sometimes, decisions that the majority of us have thought were stupid have ended up winning us games but people are quick to forget when that happens and just remember when we lost because we all like to have selective memories as it helps make us think we're all right all the time.

Remind me
Dud we win ?
yes we dud...and your Freudian slip aptly described the original team selection and overall performance...a better team than Stoke would've battered us.
Hadjuk would not have been Splitting themselves at the prospect.

The respect you should give to Any Prem Team notwithstanding, do you see City and Chelsea quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing us if Koeman still wants to over thinking every game...before finally seeing the bleedin obvious.

He's got away with it so far due to the averageness of the opposition.

He may have the solution...but only if he sees that, at the moment, he's part of the problem...If he does have the solution to hand, he'd better whip it out quick.

You don't think so?
DCL at Wing-back - *rests case.

'If you can't'

We have played 3 games and won them all, would hate to see your reaction to a defeat.

video-undefined-18493EC900000578-119_636x358.jpg

We have played 3 games and won them all, would hate to see your reaction to a defeat.

video-undefined-18493EC900000578-119_636x358.jpg
I never like losing.
But that's not the point.
We were poor overall...mostly due to the players having to play to Koeman's orders/formation/whatever you call it.

the fact that the opposition were poorer than us and we won is their worry not mine.
The fact that the opposition might not always be poorer is a worry if Koeman keeps on playing silly buggers with his selections.

But I think you know that anyway.

'If you can't'

For me it's, whose the first choice in the left attacking slot?

Will it be Sigurdsson
Or Sandro
Lookman?
Perhaps Mirallas...

Who knows and soon 3 signings there in the past 8 months so we have 4 players for one position...

How about right back with England youth international right backs Holgate and Kenny?
Not suiting your tastes? Lets sign Southamptons 3rd choice right back....whose rubbish...
Still not there, how about a young centre mid, Davies?
No....ok lets go with world cup youth international scorer DCL

Totally bizarre.

Then of course we have the lack of a left back to push Baines.

The signings are so strange position wise...

yes we dud...and your Freudian slip aptly described the original team selection and overall performance...a better team than Stoke would've battered us.

The respect you should give to Any Prem Team notwithstanding, do you see City and Chelsea quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing us if Koeman still wants to over thinking every game...before finally seeing the bleedin obvious.

He may have the solution...but only if he sees that, at the moment, he's part of the problem...If he does have the solution to hand, he'd better whip it out quick.

You don't think so?
So we w

You don't think so?
DCL at Wing-back - *rests case.[/

You don't think so?

My question was plain and simple ... did we win ?
The answer is yes .
Despite your negative anti Koeman slant we ground out a win in a day when we weren't at our best .... why weren't we ? I will come to that ...
Now here's the thing about grinding out a win ... if it were a golfer who grinds out a win on a bad day we purr about the qualities of a champion who can grind it out even in a bad day .... you see one poor performance does not a season make .
If it was United of old grabbing a win in injury time on a game where they have struggled we all read the press eulogising about the stuff of champions and how champions still make a win from a poor day at the office .....
But not us ... not some of the doom merchants on GOT no a win against a tough to break down stubborn as ever Stoke City is not a reason to be happy ... it's another excuse to throw rocks at the club .
So why weren't we strolling round the park playing wonderful creative penetrating football ?
I don't know exactly ... but the realist in me says this team is new. Many of these players were getting their first view of the PL as players ... the realist also tells me that this team is not yet complete ... yes we do need another striker and we do need a Gylfi ... but I am not sure the blame lies with Koeman for these things ... and I believe they will be done by the end of the window
Yet
Despite all of this .. despite the new team bedding in and playing their first PL game for many of them ....
We won .
We won in tricky circumstances .
I for one celebrate that win .
I see a nascent team that has to bind in the PL
I see no reason to believe we won't ... once the window closes and things settle .
We found a way to win .
Thank you Everton
COYB

DCL didn't play wing-back on Saturday. He played up the pitch tried to used the space behind Pieters but ok it didn't work. Koeman moved Gana to support him down the right hand side. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back