Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do reporters @Connor not even listen to the questions asked previously? Koeman gave the Barkley / Hadjuk answers, then the next reporter asked the exact same question. Wasn't even the translated questions.
And @Connor
Been in dozens of press conferences like these and it is barking how often the same question gets asked... it's like reporters think if they change the word order of the question, the answer will be different.

But you just echoed his point. "Promise and potential". Ie: not yet.

He's worth playing now, when the situation is right.

If Ramirez is out for tomorrow, DCL at CF with Rooney alongside or slightly behind would be a decent shout.

Granted, RoKo may go with Mirallas as he's more experienced, but DCL has done well so far and as @Eggs said, you could see the difference second half on Saturday when he moved inside to his more natural position.

But you just echoed his point. "Promise and potential". Ie: not yet.

I personally believe what he needs to bring that promise and potential out is to play for Everton

Playing in a lower league won't help him at this stage. He needs to get in there and play top level football. He's good enough to handle it IMO, especially if he's played in his natural position

He's worth playing now, when the situation is right.

If Ramirez is out for tomorrow, DCL at CF with Rooney alongside or slightly behind would be a decent shout.

Granted, RoKo may go with Mirallas as he's more experienced, but DCL has done well so far and as @Eggs said, you could see the difference second half on Saturday when he moved inside to his more natural position.

...yes, I just think the team lacks balance with either Rooney or Ramirez as the furthest striker. There's no 'out ball' meaning anything knocked forward inevitably comes back. From what I've seen DCL has to start games until we get an alternative in.

I like how honest Ronk is in his pressers

he just said we are looking at 2 more players before window ends

When you consider Man Utd only signed 3, RS signed 1 etc we have had a good window

I am not going to be negative anymore as it does seem we mean business

I am quietly sceptical

Just wish you'd be a bit more quiet sometimes mate;)

...I'm noticing Koeman and Rooney are often chatting with each other. Clips from USM FF this morning show the players waiting to start training and Rooney/Koeman in deep conversation, they do seem to seek each other's counsel.

Didn't see Sandro in the training group, which makes it likely that he is receiving treatment.
Wouldn't be surprised if they're discussing his own fitness mate. He's getting to the age where he doesn't need the same level of training as some of the other players, just regular game time. Plus I think he may be carrying a bit of a groin problem. Can see him rested for a few games once Siggy is up to speed.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're discussing his own fitness mate. He's getting to the age where he doesn't need the same level of training as some of the other players, just regular game time. Plus I think he may be carrying a bit of a groin problem. Can see him rested for a few games once Siggy is up to speed.

..but I've noticed it since Rooney joined the club, they seem to spend a lot of time chatting. I wonder if Koeman likes discussing football with him and vice versa. You never see Jagielka or other senior pro's in regular discussion with the Manager. Indeed, most of the players seem to keep their distance.

Left footed tall Central defender and a target man center forward...not much to ask lol

..identifying and acquiring them in 16 days is the challenge. I think Koeman really wanted Giroud and was prepared to bide his time to get him. Now he has to cast the net further for somebody in the same mould.

Last edited:
It is and it isn't. Some of them are too busy tweeting, taking notes or even writing emails to notice what's been said. 90% of the time, as the post below says, they're looking for extra info or a reference point to go back to when the cameras are turned off and they do the embargoed stuff.

As above, yeah and no but they haven't changed their style for some reason. It worked with Martinez because he'd take you in a circle by saying lots of words with little substance, you'd ask him again and he'd add a little substance to what he was saying 5 minutes ago.

Koeman doesn't budge. He gets annoyed more than anything.
If I'm not mistaken the reporter said "going back to Ross Barkley." Generally, they are either not paying attention (like you said), trying to agitate for an answer or trying to get a sound bite. I think he was just trying to get a better sound bite on Barkley because he was giving short answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back